Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

novak style sight for competition

Mr.Kirk

I'm being offered a pretty good deal on a Baer w/ a Novak rear sight that I would like to use in L-10 competition. I'm looking at some of the adjustable versions and just plain ones.

Is anybody competing w/ these sights? Are there any better options than the Novak or STI adjustable version? Am I gonna' regret buying this gun for competition?

I am using my STI Tactical as my limited gun right now, I have the non adjustable factory sight on it, I looked into getting an adjustable sight for it but do not like any of the designs. The ones that I was looking at were either slanted forward or overhang the rear of the slide. Wish it was a Bomar style sight for competition, I think that Canyon Creek offers a Novak to Bomar conversion, I am going to call them and see what it involves and might have this done to my gun.

I have a Novak rear on my gun, adjustable elevation and windage without drifting it. Just turn the screws. I can't remember where or how I got it, but its not that old. I'm used to it, but I like the Bomar a little better. I would say if you like it, buy it, put an adjustable on it and shoot it.

I have a Novak rear on my gun, adjustable elevation and windage without drifting it. Just turn the screws. I can't remember where or how I got it, but its not that old. I'm used to it, but I like the Bomar a little better. I would say if you like it, buy it, put an adjustable on it and shoot it.

The sight is available from Brownells. Dillon Precision also sold them for a time and may still sell them.

I have one from each vendor and use them on carry guns. Kensight, STI and maybe others made them. You can get white dot, plain serrated black and tritium versions.

Nice sight. Here is a link.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=23108/Product/DEFENSIVE_SIGHTS