Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

night sights installation botched

dvc4you

I recently had the Heine straight eight tritrium sights installed in a Colt Commander in .45 ACP.

After thoroughly testing the gun it is shooting 5" below point of aim at 30 feet. :angry2:

Given that the rear sight can't be raised, I am curious about what my options are.

Does anyone know of an adjustable sight that would fit the Heine cut? Can the tritrium be installed?

Can I file the front sight (trijicom) without affecting the tritrium insert?

:(

Edited by dvc4you

Did Heinie do the install? If so, I would contact them about possible remedies first.

To make up 5" at 30 ft you would have to file close to .04 inches off the front. That would probably get into the insert or very close to it anyway. Heinie offers front sights in .175, .185, .190 and .200 tall. Do you know which you currently have installed?

Edited by MTSCMike

Did Heinie do the install? If so, I would contact them about possible remedies first.

To make up 5" at 30 ft you would have to file close to .04 inches off the front. That would probably get into the insert or very close to it anyway. Heinie offers front sights in .175, .185, .190 and .200 tall. Do you know which you currently have installed?

Unfortunately I have the .175

Do you have the .325" tall rear sight? They have two heights iirc.

I am going to check on that, thanks. I tried emailing Heine but they never responded. Do you measure the height from the top of the slide or bottom of the sight?