Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske Colorado State MG Championship

Details will be forthcoming, but I have had a lot of people ask about clinics at this match, well, we will have some. They are planned to be on Friday afternoon and will be Pro-clinics on a specific skill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Noveske will be at the match and they have agreed to do some clinics Friday afternoon. Rob Romero, Katie Harris and Jansen Jones will each have a 30 minute clinic on a specific 3Gun skill.

Also, modeled on the AZ 3 Gun class (Thanks StealthyBlagga) we will be having an intro clinic for 3G/MG and LR rifle for those with previous pistol experience. It will be Feburary 26th. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you want more details.

Huge thanks to our sponsors who are being so generous with this match.

Noveske taking the risk, early on, to be the title sponsor, was amazing! I can't wai to see the two new rifles they are building for the match!

Burris, not only has signed on as a major sponsor, but they are donating some product to be given away to some of the participants in our Feb 26 class! AWESOME!

Stag Arms was actually the very first sponsor, before we even had a webpage! Thanks!

FNH is going be provding a shotgun for the shoot-off.

Thanks (as always) to MGM, Predator Tactical and Sierra who have supported the shooting sports for so long and for helping out with this match.

We have a slew of other sponsors that are coming on board now that SHOT show is over. So much thanks to Jerry Westcott for working with the sponsors to bring them onboard. Thanks also to Jason for the awesome work on the webapge!

I like the web page a lot. I like the reference to rules and the new Time Plus Addendum in there. You still have slots open?

We do still have slots. I also have it on pretty good authority that Open will be Open as well.

SNIP... we will be having an intro clinic for 3G/MG and LR rifle for those with previous pistol experience. It will be Feburary 26th. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you want more details.

Class is FULL. Thanks to Burris, Competition Dynamics and Carbon Arms for the sponsorship of the class!

Stages are about done and I'll have them on the website this week. They will however be pending approval. Sponsors continue to roll in as well.

I've got to kick out a HUGE thanks to James who took 8 stages, from 8 designers in 8 formats with a bunch of changes and tweaks and put them into a conhesive format. Also to Jason for running the website and he will be doing still photography during the match too. Our "live" video and updates guy is going to be doing a bunch of testing in the next month or so and with any luck, those of you who miss the match will be able to see stage videos shorlty after they are run!

Updated Round Counts:

Rifle: 95 (2 on Paper, 1 on steel). 1 round at 500M, 30 100M to 300M, 64 under 50M

Pistol: 116 (2 on paper, 1 on KDs). This includes about half of the pistol/shotgun optional targets.

Shotgun: 110. 88 Birdshot includes about half of the pistol/shotgun optional targets. 16 Slugs. 6 buckshot.

The 88 birdshot also includes all of the birdshot/buckshot optional targets on the all shotgun stage. I'd suggest 12 or so buckshot would be a good idea. As it will be on KD targets, there is no requirement for 00 only, however, no buckshot larger than 00 will be allowed. The 6 required and a few of the optional birdshot/buckshot targets will be out at 20-25 yards and the MGM spinner will be at about 12 yards and is also optional birdshot/buckshot. While the all shotgun stage is 41 rounds, there will be an optimal location with a barrel on the left and right of the path where you will be able to stage ammo if you want.

I am not only really looking forward to this match, but also the development of multi gun matches along the front range. Colorado has so many good competitors and so much interest this type of shooting, it's hard to believe it has been such a struggle, over the years, for 3G to gain traction here. I'm really excited.

I am not only really looking forward to this match, but also the development of multi gun matches along the front range. Colorado has so many good competitors and so much interest this type of shooting, it's hard to believe it has been such a struggle, over the years, for 3G to gain traction here. I'm really excited.

Well said!

:cheers:

** Wish I was one of them "good competitors" ....

I just looked them over......wow! Some of those stages are gonna have me running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but they look fun. And a swinging star?? Looks like a scaled down carnival ride.

What's the distance on those farthest slug targets?

Wow! I like the looks of your stages, and I really like your course designer introductions. Good job. I had no idea that Casman was a GM, now the butt whuppin's don't hurt so much.

It is starting to make me think that Colorado really isn't that far of a drive from Minnesota.

Wow! I like the looks of your stages, and I really like your course designer introductions. Good job. I had no idea that Casman was a GM, now the butt whuppin's don't hurt so much.

It is starting to make me think that Colorado really isn't that far of a drive from Minnesota.

We would love to have you if you can make it :cheers:

Man, there's a point at which you just have to conceed that dudes like Miller and Garcia are just plain gifted, when it comes to weak hand reloading. I've just about worn all 5 of the thumbs off practicing and I just can't break the 7sec barrier. At least not consistently. There is a certain point at which the talent runs out and ya just have to give credit to anyone who can consistently run sub 6sec weak hand reloads.

With so many big matches so early in the season, my diligence in winter, dry fire practice is certainly wicked up. I'm also waiting anxiously for that tax refund, so I can finish buying bullets and powder. Man, mid April is just around the corner and there just isn't time to squeeze in everthing needed to prepare.

Max slug distance is about 45 yards.

What size is the 45yd slug target?

It will either be 4 12" falling rounds or a 4 static 16" (2 round and 2 square). If the new rules become provisional in time, the last, if not the first.