Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Central Florida Section-Factory Gun Classic 2011

The Factory Gun Match is on for 2011! We will be using the same format as past years:

• December 10th and 11th
  • 10 stages + Chrono
  • Production, Single Stack, Or Revolver
  • Shoot the match in one day, either Saturday or Sunday
  • Trophy Match
  • Entry Fee is $90 until 11/15, $110 after 11/15
  • Fee includes a Tee Shirt and Lunch

We have some awesome stages planned to really test your skills with a factory gun. Come and shoot a match in December with great Florida Weather!

Please contact me with any questions.

See you on the range,

Charles Kibert (ckibert@yahoo.com)

I finally noticed that the links to the match website did not work on my original post.

Match website- http://www.wacactionshooting.com

Google map link to the range- http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wyoming+antelope+club&hl=en&safe=off&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0

We hope to see you at the match!

Edited by baa

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering this match. Before I drop the $90 fee, is this a fairly NewB-friendly match? By the time of this match, I will have competed in about 3 or 4 other local club matches.

Wish I would have known about all the active shooting sports in the Tampa area while I still lived there a year ago :)

Erich

as a club member and one of the match ro it is totally new shooter friendly 10 great stages great lunch and awesome match shirt. The match staff gives a great number of close and tight shots steel and movers. I wouldn't miss it I shot as a shooter last year as my first major match it was a ton of fun.

Hey that's great to hear. I'll watch my work schedule and hope it works out.

What is the deal if someone registers (pays fee online) for a match and in the end is unable to attend? Is there a refund, or is one just out of luck?

• 2 weeks later...

The Factory Gun match still has plenty of slots left on both Sat and Sun. The stages are coming along nicely. So dig your Single Stack or Production rig out and come shoot in Florida weather in December.

Information can be found here- http://www.wacactionshooting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=92

The match schedule is starting to fill up, so if you are planning to shoot the match and have a day you would rather shoot, please sign up soon to make sure you can shoot that day!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump to the top...still a couple slots left, folks. I have a buddy from CT flying in to shoot with us on Saturday!

I see the signup site says 160 round count...but that seems low for a 10 stage match. What is the average stage round count looking like? I told my buddy to bring 300 rounds to be safe...

Edited by ErichF

160 rounds has been the average round count for this match over past years. The match is formatted for Single Stack, Revolver and Production guns. As such, rather than having a bunch of 32 round stages like most major matches (which are focused on Open and Limited), we have a mix of shorter stages with a max round count of about 24 per stage, making the stages more fun and interesting for the featured divisions. If you have shot the Single Stack Nationals, you will be familiar with type of stages we create for the match.

I can promise 160 rounds of challenging shooting :)