Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List 5 things that put the fun back into a match

to echo what Kelly said about Kyle Lamb's North American Tactical matches

1. first time I ever zeroed a stage... shoot house facial recognition pick your no shoot...Antonio Bandaras and Brad Pitt look alike (not)..we talked about that one for a year

2. shooting out of and under (Checker marathon) multiple small damn cars at NAT matches...hacksawed the 26 inch 1100 as soon as I got home

3. acting like a turtle flipped on his back wearing plastic elbow and knee pads inside slippery floor school bus

4. jumping onto inclined rope traverse, with very loud crunching sound eminating from my shoulders... loud enough that the Delta medic near by responds "sir, are you alright?"

5. wheezing like a steam engine, after a roundabout downhill 75m run jungle, up the steep ass remaining 20m hill to shoot one target

1. A squad in which everyone goes downrange to help re-set without being asked.

2. A scenario or back story to the stages with corresponding props, and lots of 'em!

3. A mix of hoser and precision shots

4. Obstacles and physical challenges, run, climb, crawl, etc. It's Three Gun!

5. A smooth-flowing match with little wait time

• 4 weeks later...

1 Consistent target presentation (no arieal clays- I love shooting them but are an ROing/MD nightmare, presentation changes, coming off broken, etc)

2 Lots of real cars and house clearings with any gun

3 Wide open full size poppers close together with the shotgun, TV loves it too

4 Fast course reset so you are not too tired to enjoy the evening with all your friends

5 The look on a newer shooters face when he/she does a great job completing a stage after you gave them some good advice, now you know they are as hooked as you

5.1 Sharing the sport and precious time with friends, old and new

5.2 Meeting the great ladies and gentlemen of the country and others

5.3 Tavelling everywhere and finding you have friends there due to shooting

Priceless!

:bow:

1 - Zip lines!

2 - Cool stage guns (at the beginning of the stage) like mini guns (and other automatic weapons) and grenade launchers....stuff you would normally not get to shoot

3- Just about everything AMU does.... armored vehicles, trench lines, sniper towers, shoot houses etc.

4- All slug stages

5 - All 3 guns in most stages

If you are going to travel, spend a lot of money to shoot and take the time off.... let's have some fun!

***Oh yeah, shooting with juniors and super seniors..... getting razzed about being smoked by a 15 year old and a 67 year old..... great fun!

Edited by tripletapjake

• 4 weeks later...