Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para mags in stock again!

sailorkarl

Just noticed that Para has full capacity mags in stock again. (maybe they've been in stock for a while)

http://paraproshop.com/double-stack-40-67-ctg.htm

I recently got an email as a POA (Para Owners of America) member, offering $5 dollars off on full cap mags. You can sign up for POA for no charge.

The email also had some discounts on Para AR mags ($11 ea) and discounts on 5 and 6 inch top end kits. It's worth signing up.

No, I don't work for them. Just thought someone else might be interested too.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that after I ordered mags & 3 weeks later I still had nothing. Nobody at Para seems to know when they will be back in stock. I find it hard to believe that a manufacturer doesn't know their own manufacturing schedule or needs. I'm a new Para guy but this put a bad taste in my mouth for dealing direct with Para.

I noticed that after I ordered mags & 3 weeks later I still had nothing. Nobody at Para seems to know when they will be back in stock. I find it hard to believe that a manufacturer doesn't know their own manufacturing schedule or needs. I'm a new Para guy but this put a bad taste in my mouth for dealing direct with Para.

called today and the operator told me something to the effect of "if he knew when the mag bodies were coming in he should have bought a lotto ticket". Pretty awesome, now I have a brand new gun with no mags....

Hey guys,

I was in the plant today and we are working hard on the new .40 mags. I appreciate your patience, as these will be a much better magazine. We don't want to release them until they are good to go. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Travis

Will older parts still work with the new tubes? (Dawson basepads and Dawson followers)

Hey guys,

I was in the plant today and we are working hard on the new .40 mags. I appreciate your patience, as these will be a much better magazine. We don't want to release them until they are good to go. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Travis

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Travis

any new update on the magazines??

Thanks, it kinda helps the problem is I already bought springs, followers and basepads from Dawson Precision. Really just need the tubes. Other issue is that I live in CA.....

Para wouldn't sell me a body. I discussed with the tech that it was legal to sell bodies to California, but it didn't make much difference. The tech asked what was wrong, and I explained that the lip had cracked. He said to just send the mag back ($5 shipping) and they would fix it. Sent it back and received a new body, not repaired, a week later, no charge.

Thanks, it kinda helps the problem is I already bought springs, followers and basepads from Dawson Precision. Really just need the tubes. Other issue is that I live in CA.....

Para wouldn't sell me a body. I discussed with the tech that it was legal to sell bodies to California, but it didn't make much difference. The tech asked what was wrong, and I explained that the lip had cracked. He said to just send the mag back ($5 shipping) and they would fix it. Sent it back and received a new body, not repaired, a week later, no charge.

all you need is an xtra 5buks....ship it to your relative outside Republic of California then tell yur relative to ship it back to you......

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Travis

just called Para today and they are in stock for 35...no chrome only black..I talked to Tim ..ordered 3....

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Travis

Nice - how are the new ones better than the old ones? How do I know i'm buying a new style vs an old style? The old ones, i had to file things here and there to make it drop properly, feed rounds properly, etc. I tried to buy mec-gar mags for my para, and it worked great right out of the box, the only problem was it fit 1 or 2 less with the same spring, follower, and basepad than the one on my para body (19 rds, changeable with IPSC legal basepad) .

I'm hoping to get some decent para mags where i dont have to use a dremel, because it shaves off the chrome and then gets rust. but thats the only way i can get it to drop easily (on some), then i have to widen the lips of others with pliers to make it feed easily, then shave the followers a bit on the ends too.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Travis

just called Para today and they are in stock for 35...no chrome only black..I talked to Tim ..ordered 3....

Magazines arrive today!!

did you get yours?....