Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech Double Pistol & Rifle Mag Combo

Jin

Anyone have/try the Blade-Tech Double Pistol & Rifle Mag Combo?

I was thinking about picking one up (upgrading from my fabric rifle pouch); the idea is good as for saving space on the belt. But i was wondering if it's too bulky or feels clumsy/busy when trying to grab a pistol or rifle mag.

d_927.jpg

Edited by Jin

One of the guys in my squad at O3GC had one. He said he liked it. He did comment that he was initially concerned with the bulk, but that it hadn't caused him any issues so far. He had his set up with the rifle mag horizontal.

• 1 month later...

One of the guys in my squad at O3GC had one. He said he liked it. He did comment that he was initially concerned with the bulk, but that it hadn't caused him any issues so far. He had his set up with the rifle mag horizontal.

It seemed like a great Idea so i bought one. But its hard to get my hand on any of the mags when it has all three mags in pouch. I had to run it with one pistol mag plus rifle mag. or no rifle mag to use it. Not a Fan!!!

I have one and have used it at a few matches, including the proam and ozark. I have the rifle mag mounted horizontal. The function of the system has been great, I have no problems getting either the pistol or rifle mag out of the holder. The only drawbacks that I see with it is how far it puts the weight off your body. 2 140mm mag's full of .40 and being pulled off your body that far want to pull alot harder when you put running into the picture. I use several belt keepers and don't worry about it, but if you were to use this and were to rely on velcro alone to hold your belt up I think the odds would be very good of you doing the dreaded gun belt hula-hoop dance.

Would these be illegal under any of the currently used sets of rules? Doesn't USPSA Multigun, for example, require the rounds to be held within some distance of the body? Seems like the push out from the rifle mag could make the pistol mags illegal for Tactical, then...