Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ CTS Slide Finish

Shawneeboy87

As the season comes to a close in a couple of months, its time to start sending the guns off for work.

My CTS currently as around 700 rounds through it. The slide is not sealed or have a finish. Any suggestions on what I should do to the slide or where to send it?

Thanks.

Nitro Bond -

NB is a super hard black finish that is impregnated into the metal. It adds no thickness to parts, so no refitting or lapping.

I stumbled upon this finish while doing research on cold saw blades. It was created to coat saw blades and to keep them sharp and make them last longer. Those blades are cutting steel and stainless steel all day long and this coating makes them last 5-6 times longer.

We are working on getting a site up with pics and info, but for now, just email me and I will answer any questions you may have.

See my site below or PM me here.

700 rounds is just starting to get broken in. The CTS is a pretty tight-fitted semi-custom gun, so I'd recommend putting another 800-1300 rounds through it before "locking it in" with a nice metal treatment.

Do you want it to stay black, or would you rather chrome it? If you like the black, then I highly recommend the Atranite finish that Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks is doing... the price is very reasonable, and the results are awesome.

700 rounds is just starting to get broken in. The CTS is a pretty tight-fitted semi-custom gun, so I'd recommend putting another 800-1300 rounds through it before "locking it in" with a nice metal treatment.

Do you want it to stay black, or would you rather chrome it? If you like the black, then I highly recommend the Atranite finish that Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks is doing... the price is very reasonable, and the results are awesome.

Thanks for the responses everyone...I'd prefer to stay with the Black.

What are some of the downsides to doing it or issues I might run into? If the negatives outweigh the positives I might as well just leave it.

The slide is not rusting bad yet, but I do occassionally get some rust due to the humidity in my apartment. Someone gave me a recommendation of wrapping it in a cloth and that has helped.

I second the recommendation of Bobby at Freedom Gunworks! He did all of the cutting and milling on my TS as well as the finish. Turnaround time for all of the work was around 3 weeks. Here is a link to a thread I started with a few pics. Bobby was great to deal with.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124357

I second the recommendation of Bobby at Freedom Gunworks! He did all of the cutting and milling on my TS as well as the finish. Turnaround time for all of the work was around 3 weeks. Here is a link to a thread I started with a few pics. Bobby was great to deal with.

Wow that looks good..any issues with the lightened slide? I had inquired about that with some of my shooting mentors and they were so so on the idea.

Wow that looks good..any issues with the lightened slide? I had inquired about that with some of my shooting mentors and they were so so on the idea.

I would look at Ionbond also. My Tanfo with the slide cuts has a little more snap that the one without, the slides are already pretty light as it is.

ugh...I am in the same boat with two of my Cz's. I've already stripped off cerakote and alumahyde. My big thing is rust and somehow preventing it. Seems like if its not stainless it rusts everything I see it.

all these new industrial coatings seem pretty legit at shirking holster abuse.... Any of them good at fending moisture?

I have not had any issues as of yet. Close to 1k through it so far so we'll see. I have another IPSC ST that is stock and I can notice a slight difference between the two....

I would look at Ionbond also. My Tanfo with the slide cuts has a little more snap that the one without, the slides are already pretty light as it is.

I want you to take a look at my CTS this weekend. Let me know what you think. If you think i should lighten the slide or change the setup at all.