Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder & Station 3 on RL 550B

http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=479027

http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=272790

I don't see a problem with getting dies to work.

BUT even though I am an avid 550 user and love it, if I were going to add bullet feeder, case feeder, etc I would sell it and buy a 650.

Edited by Kevin Sanders

Seating and crimping at the same time can work ok with jacketed but may not work very well with lead, just have to try and see.

Greg

i didn't think about lead,as fori have been shooting jacketed. thanks food for thought.

No such thing as a carbide taper crimp and seating die. Carbide is used in sizing dies and the much debated Pistol Carbide FCD (which does not seat bullets).

thanks for the info , then i guess when the die closes the flare on case mouth in seating and taper crimp it doesn't stick or hang up ?

No such thing as a carbide taper crimp and seating die. Carbide is used in sizing dies and the much debated Pistol Carbide FCD (which does not seat bullets).

thanks for the info , then i guess when the die closes the flare on case mouth in seating and taper crimp it doesn't stick or hang up ?

Yep, It's not a problem. The key is to set the die up properly.

I am going to second the comment. Rather then add a bullet feeder, sell the 550 and get a 650. I had a casefeed 550 and now have a casefeed 650. 650 is worth it.

The Hornady bullet feeder works perfectly with the Dillion 550b. Use a Lee seat and crimp die on station 4. It doesn't work well with lead but with jacketed, it works 100%. I've loaded 38SC and 9mm with it so far. That with a casefeeder is an awesome combo and you can load rounds incredibly fast.