Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger lock up on my Caspian.

Alaskapopo

I have had an infrequent problem with my Caspial that I can't reproduce when function testing the gun unloaded. The trigger either fails to reset or locks. This has happened to me a few times over the last few matches. One time I drew and the trigger would not pull I thought I missed the safety but I did not. Here is the video. It does not take me 3 seconds to break a shot lol. It happened again yeaster day. I am thinking a new leaf spring may fix the problem. Any other ideas?

Doh forgot to add video.

Around 109 you see me bring my hand back to clear what I think is a malf then I get the trigger to fire and resume.

Edited by Alaskapopo

It may have been shooter error. I tried just using the tip of my finger (middle of pad) to pull the trigger rather than putting to much finger in the trigger guard and I had no issues this time out and I shot better and faster to boot. I shot all A's on Raw Deal.

Edited by Alaskapopo

Do you have the grip safety active on this gun? If so tape it off for a bit and see if the problem goes away... your grip looked a little off when yo froze it there, it's hard to tell though.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Do you have the grip safety active on this gun? If so tape it off for a bit and see if the problem goes away... your grip looked a little off when yo froze it there, it's hard to tell though.

JT

Grip safety has been deavticated. I took it apart yeasterday and tweaked the leaf spring so the reset is more positive. It seems to have fixed the issue.

Pat

I had some problems with the trigger bow dragging on the magazine on my Caspian wide body.

I have had to stone the trigger track in the frame a few guns because of this. Brownell sells a stone specififor this.

Shot a three gun match with it this last Sunday and it ran perfectly. Bending the spring did the trick.

Pat