Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack mag pouches? Best bang for buck

38SuperDub

I have had good luck with uncle mike's doubles. With small modifications, they are perfect for what we do and you can 6 on without going to the middle of your back.

Our experience is they are $16 for the double pouch, and with about 1/2 hour each with basic hand tools and $5 (for 6 pouches) worth of hardware from the local hardware store, you can make them pretty sporty on a real low price point.

I like the Uncle Mike's as well. Stock I had some issues with the tension adjustment, but I replaced the center adjuster with a small machine screw and nut combo. I can torque it as tight as need be now without issue.

Right now Comp-Tac is running a 10% off coupon code for all competition holsters/mag carriers, good through August.

I am just now completing my gear/gun for SS, since I already owned 3 mag holders for my 1911, I bought 2 more. They fit tight on a DAA comp belt and I put velcro on the backside to help stick even more.

• 3 weeks later...

from my local gun shop.they had 3 sets in stock. you can always check midway to. my bladetech holster for my trojan was only $27 shipped and i had it the next day.

Edited by RDunn

I have had good luck with uncle mike's doubles. With small modifications, they are perfect for what we do and you can 6 on without going to the middle of your back.

Our experience is they are $16 for the double pouch, and with about 1/2 hour each with basic hand tools and $5 (for 6 pouches) worth of hardware from the local hardware store, you can make them pretty sporty on a real low price point.

What mods are you doing? we need PICTURES!!! :roflol:

jj

Tag for answer! ;)