Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Ejection video

joestefano

With those cmore scope mounts you often need to tune the extractor and ejector. Extend the ejector out a little or buy one of those ones that are already a bit longer (glockworx). Also add some extractor tension buy replacing the spring loaded bearing with one that's a little thicker.

Lookso great. You hit the berm every time. :)

What load are you running? Might be too light.

Good thing that berm was big.lol

I'm running a 124gr MTG CMJ over 7.9 grs of HS6 with an oal of 1.130, Velocity 1380 fps PF 171

Along with the other good advice offered...

I wonder if you aren't getting full slide travel. Try this... Put the stock recoil rod and spring back into the gun (the original plastic assembly). With an empty gun, then pull the slide back and hold it back as far as it will go. Use a reference pint and/or mark the slide to note the exact slide travel. Then, put in the race gun spring setup and do the same.

Also, note if your recoil spring looks like it has a bit of a wave to the coils.

Looks like an SJC mount? Who installed that piece? I know that on mine, SJC had to work on their mount removing some material. Also the extractor is a good idea to look at...hope you get it figured out, I completely understand the pain of ejection issues.

How much of the ejection port have you lowered? Glock guns are designed to eject upwards. If you look at the ejection port does it still have some of the angled portion of the ejection port? If it does then the brass maybe getting ejected upwards rather then out the side. When it does this it will hit the bottom of the scope mount and get caught in the slide. You may need to lower the ejection port. Hope this helps. Craig

Can someone outline the actual mechanics and interaction of the "extractor & ejection post"? Where does the ejection post contact the case, on the bottom, on the side or where? How does increasing tension on the extractor help? How does lengthening the ejection post help?

Thanks for the great input so far.

Joe

UPDATE:

Installed a non LCI extractor and filed the ejection post to a point FROM THE BOTTOM(very important) essentially raising the point where the post hits the case. I did not shorten the point at all! I did order an extended ejector from B&B Enterprises,"http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item169941.ctlg" but for now what I did worked. 50-70 rounds no problems.

Thanks everybody for your input.

You can TRY a 40 ejector in the gun also, just see what it'll do.

I have a tricked-out 24 bottom end that I'll drop my 34 top end onto whenever I want to shoot 9 minor (Outlaw 3-Gun usually). Runs just fine and may be enough of a change for your gun to make a difference in ejection pattern.

Of course, YMMV.

Edited by Braxton1

Can someone outline the actual mechanics and interaction of the "extractor & ejection post"? Where does the ejection post contact the case, on the bottom, on the side or where? How does increasing tension on the extractor help? How does lengthening the ejection post help?

Thanks for the great input so far.

Joe

I am no expert on open Glock guns, so take this with a grain of salt. I have been having the same trouble with my open Glock gun. The empty cases are hitting the bottom of my cmore scope and are getting deflected back into the slide. So to try and fix this problem I think the cases need to be extracted sideways. The two mechanisms to extract the empty cases are the ejector and the extractor. The only thing you can do with the extractor is to put a stronger spring in. To throw the cases with more force. This does little in the direction the cases are being thrown

The ejector deciedes what direction the cases are being thrown depending on were it hits the back of the case. My stock 9mm ejector is slightly bent inwards. Which will hit the case more in the middle causing the empty case to be ejected upwards. I have installed a 40 ejector which is a straight ejector. I am hoping that this will cause the cases to be ejected more sideways instead of upwards. I plan on shooting my open Glock tomorrow at a steel match. I hope this works.

What do you guy think? I hope it works. I will let you know tomorrow.

Craig

I am no expert on open Glock guns, so take this with a grain of salt. I have been having the same trouble with my open Glock gun. The empty cases are hitting the bottom of my cmore scope and are getting deflected back into the slide. So to try and fix this problem I think the cases need to be extracted sideways. The two mechanisms to extract the empty cases are the ejector and the extractor. The only thing you can do with the extractor is to put a stronger spring in. To throw the cases with more force. This does little in the direction the cases are being thrown

The ejector deciedes what direction the cases are being thrown depending on were it hits the back of the case. My stock 9mm ejector is slightly bent inwards. Which will hit the case more in the middle causing the empty case to be ejected upwards. I have installed a 40 ejector which is a straight ejector. I am hoping that this will cause the cases to be ejected more sideways instead of upwards. I plan on shooting my open Glock tomorrow at a steel match. I hope this works.

What do you guy think? I hope it works. I will let you know tomorrow.

Craig

Craig,

I installed a non LCI extractor and filed the ejection post to a point FROM THE BOTTOM(very important) essentially raising the point where the post hits the case. I did not shorten the point at all! I did order an extended ejector from B&B Enterprises,"http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item169941.ctlg" but for now what I did worked. 250 rounds no problems.