Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5,000 rnds through my 5.25

TGO

Rob,

I just received my 5.25 in 9mm, and after about 200 dry fires, without snapcaps, i immediately noticed a problem chambering the first live round. the firing pin is stuck in the protruding fired position. this causes the rounds not to chamber, because the rim of the case hits the firing pin. if you push the firing pin back in, it will work. or if you rack the slide one more time, it will reset it. also, the striker status indicator sticks out about 3 times as far as it's supposed to out of the rear of the slide, sometimes. this, i think, has allowed the striker to get too much momentum, and upon inspection, the slot that strikes the striker retaining pin is starting to get reamed out, allowing the firing pin to overtravel. this marred up spot on the striker puts the striker status indicator in a bind. i'm wondering if you've heard of this? i'm guessing i'll have to send it back in.

this is my first XD. how long does it usually take to get something back from them?

EDIT: there was a bur in the striker that appeared to not get punched out all the way from the factory. bur was removed with a needle file in about 15 seconds. gun functions flawlessly, now. only leaving this post up so it can be found by others if more strikers happened to go out this way. (i could find absolutely nothing about the issue on google, so it's probably rare.)

Edited by theycallmeingot

Rob,

Would like to get one but they are a little hard-to-find right now. SA needs to flood the market with them!!!

We have black in stock, bitone are only showing up one at a time to our distributor and we have grabbed every one they have listed in stock so far.

Just wondering on the availabilty of the new 5.25 in 45 ACP seen they are being relased. What is expected ETA ?

ken