Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AAR: Todd Jarrett Competition Class

A_Med

Spanky - Let me give it a try. Please keep in mind I am not a writer by any means.

I was in the class with Angel and it was AWESOME! From the minute you begin you are learning...and I mean that. Whether it is a sidebar conversation or full blown group instruction you are constantly being shown new things. The day was long! We started at 0830, broke one hour for lunch, and I left the range at 1915 that evening. Keep in mind I did spend about 15 minutes picking up some of my brass. (Super is like gold dont ya know) :rolleyes:

When Todd teaches he does not mess around it is go,go, go. You are either listening, running drills, reloading or all the above at once! :surprise: Everything was setup prior to our arrival and very little was needed to be done while we were their. We were there to shoot and learn and that was very apparent.

"Basics" are covered. Your idea of basics and mine may differ but I sort of get a glazed look in my eyes when someone mentions covering basics. Let me tell you this....my basics needed some fine tuning, and Todd catches it quickly! From stance, grip, draw, presentation, accuracy, etc. etc., he covers it and catches the problem areas quickly. And yes, we all had problem areas to address. Most of it was simple things but again, it took the sharp eye of a pro to identify it.

After the "basics" are covered you move on to moving drills. Again one can assume that there is not much to that either especially when you are already a B or C class shooter. Well....I was very surprised. There was some great instruction given by Todd covering these areas.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I learned from this class. Without a doubt it is the best money I have spent on the shooting sports to date. The level of professionalism, quality of instruction, knowledge base, FUN and shooting cannot be expressed in an email post. I was very impressed and cannot wait untill my wife attends. (work schedule would not allow her to attend with me)

I told my friends - Todd has forgotten more about shooting than I will ever know. He has an incredible desire to see you succeed and that is pretty darn special, and I see that a bunch in this sport. One thing I really like about his instruction is that he will show you his way. he is not forcing it on you but showing you. Unless it is a safety concern it is your option. Funny thing is after competing in this sport for 28 years its hard not to except his way as your own.

It would not be proper for me to sit here and outline Todd's course as he puts a great deal of work into it and makes part of his living doing so. I will promise you this - if you take a class from him you will not be dissapointed!

Sorry for stealing your review Angel! Good seeing you again!

Steve :cheers:

PS

Spanky - if you have any further questions feel free to PM me

Hey fellow classmates!

First of I want to Thank Todd and Rebecca for being Top Notch people!

Todd totally revamped nearly everything about my shooting in a single day. I thought I had the fundamentals fairly down, but now I'm relearning everything the best way possible.

He has so much experience and time behind a gun, I knew this class wasn't the time to ask questions, but rather to listen, learn, and do.

Without a doubt he is one of the greatest shooters to ever set foot on earth!

Ever since the class, I've spent hrs and hrs training the correct way to do everything. This class gave me a plethora of information to add to my game!

The class completely changed my learning curve and has given me the platform to start sound and successful shooting!

I recommend it to everyone.

It was the best money I have spent towards any shooting related activity.

If I could go back in time and redo my start in competitive shooting, I would of sold all my guns but one and spent the rest of that money on this type of training!

Steve and Angel... I'm looking forward to the next time we shoot some "BB's"!

Drew