Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first time with revolver

dennisp5

I started shooting action pistol(very informal)at a local club this year. I have been shooting my CZ 75B until this week. I decided to shoot my S&W 4" model 19. What a blast! I bought some comp III loaders and made holders from PVC pipe,didn't want too invest too much money until I tried it. I was worried about reloading, but my bigger problem was hitting bowling pins! Slow down and aim the gun I guess. One other guy shoots a 625 occasionally, so I am kind of the only revolver guy. There was quit a bit of interest in my gun though, so maybe some other guys will dig theirs out of the safe and give it a go. I might finish out the season with the Smith even though I am not competitive with the bottom feeders. I think I had more fun than with the CZ.

Next stop, local IDPA!

Dennis

Welcome to the round world Dennis. Great first step, when use your first moonclipped gun, the hook will be deeply set. A 19 was my first handgun and I shot bullseye with it as a kid.

Welcome to the round side! It's a hoot. I'm shooting a 66 and my model 19 is off at the gunsmith getting a bunch of work done. 4" K-frames are some of my favorite guns.

Edited by M1911

I would love to try ICORE. Unfortunately for me, I live just north of Chicago and there is not much shooting sports in my area. Two ranges within driving distance shoot IDPA though, so I am planning to give that a try. Most of my shooting is at paper targets on indoor ranges. I have shot more revolver than pistol, the CZ is relatively new. I have to say shooting the revo (when I have a good day!) is more satisfying than the pistol.

Dennis

West Texas,

I know just what you mean. I have a pair of Uberti Dragoons and a pair of engraved stainless Old Model Vacqueros I shot SASS/Frontier Cartridge with. Now I have a Model 10, a 28, and two 625s for shooting modern games.

West Texas,

I know just what you mean. I have a pair of Uberti Dragoons and a pair of engraved stainless Old Model Vacqueros I shot SASS/Frontier Cartridge with. Now I have a Model 10, a 28, and two 625s for shooting modern games.

I mean who would ever thought that my fist purchase would cause me to take those actions I did yesterday. So I've finished shooting for the day and I'm enjoying breakfast and watching the LLWS at the Rod and Gun Club. A friend sits down and tells me about a revolver that was sold to the shop just a day or two ago. A 5 screw pre model 15. So I finish off my breakfast and quickly head out to my local toy shop. I walk in and inquire about the rumor I heard about a S&W pre model 15 they had just taken in. Yes they have one and they bring it over to me for my inspection. I bet you can't guess what happened next. I bought it. Yep I'm now the proud owner of a really nice 5 screw pre model 15. I am so lucky. Should have bought some lottery tickets yesterday as luck was with me.

It's a darn shame as the older revolvers are as rare as hen teeth in my neck of the woods and nice ones like the one I bought yesterday usually only show up after a shooter/collector has passed away. Anyway it's now in my care and it will be taken care of. Going to set it in the safe right next to my Victory model S & W and my Colt New Service.