Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Defense Mount

fritzthemoose

I run an American Defense mount and have been very happy with it.

I know of a lot of people whose opinions I respect, have had great luck with LaRue equipment.

LaRue is also a huge sponsor for our sport, that says a lot in my opinion.

I see no reason for the last comment made by strangedays. The lack of respect and childlike nature of the comment tends to draw ire.

I run an American Defense mount and have been very happy with it.

I know of a lot of people whose opinions I respect, have had great luck with LaRue equipment.

LaRue is also a huge sponsor for our sport, that says a lot in my opinion.

I see no reason for the last comment made by strangedays. The lack of respect and childlike nature of the comment tends to draw ire.

ADM mounts are good quality and repeatable. For an AR, the recon-x is probably what you want. My recon-x definitely is not lighter than a larue SPR-e. With the same model scope mounted in both, I couldn't tell you which was heavier or lighter jsut by handling them. The larue levers are finely adjustable, which is good, because if they are too tight, they can gouge your rail. Adjust them right, no problems. The ADM levers are less finely adjustable, but then again the way they clamp on won't damage your rail even when adjusted very tight. On some guns this means that ADM mounts can be kind of stiff to operate whereas the larues are more consistent and don't require much pinch strength to get them undone. So if you ahve hand issues, that's worth the extra money. Larue also sells their mount in 34mm and 35mm ring sizes. So if you need that, definitely also worht the extra money.

From my perspective, Larue doesn't sponsor me. They don't sponsor any of the matches I attend. They cost more and throw in "freebies" that I don't really care about. ADM doesn't sponsor me or any matches I attend, but they do leave me more money in my pocket for ammo, gas, or gear. Right now as a retail consumer, an spr-e will cost me $215, the ADM recon-x will cost me $170.

About the only larue product I have seen that I wouldn't consider good is their eotech mount that has a locking lever in the back and a spring loaded ball detent up front. I've seen them lose zero WITHOUT being removed. I'm guessing because of the spring loaded ball detent losing some of its springiness. It really should have a second lever up front rather than the detent IMO. The current catalog item looks like they changed it some, but it still looks like it has the detent up front. OTOH, the ADM mount has NOTHING in the same place, so doesn't fill me with warm fuzzies either. The GG&G levers break. So good thing I don't like eotechs, cause I wouldn't spent he money on any of the QD mounts I have seen in person.