Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" barrel with 5" slide - legal for Limited?

wackodacko

This is why Limited should be "No optics and no ports. 6" barrel length, maximum." Add your favorite length of magazine and they you go. Simple.

Better yet, have a magazine capacity restriction so that everyone doesn't spend $100 per mag to get one more round. I say make it 20 or so.

the game is about inovation and tradeoffs, what about the guy that chooses to shoot minor but wants the advantage of extra capacity ? Round limit of 20 would be impossible to enforce, 10 is hard enough. A mag length gauge is quick and easy.

the purpose of the 500 rule is so one guy cant show up with gear another cant get. I can get a 6" barrel, I can get a 5" side, show me where I and 498 others can buy a steel framed long dust cover gun ?

SVI

It is modular but still steel.

And is the prohibition of "prototype" parts/configurations limited to just the slide/frame/barrel?

I've heard through the grapevine that there are some shooters trying out a prototype rear sight. Should those shooters be registering as shooting in Open if they know they have a prototype or can they continue to shoot in Limited/L10?

How about a home made mag release that is CNC milled? (Note that mag releases are not list in D2.21.) Legal for Limited/L10? Now what if that home made mag release was merely a nickel welded on to the stock mag release? Legal for Limited/L10 since there have been more than 500 nickels minted? (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107377&view=findpost&p=1221324)