Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

jager open conversion - g35

jswitt99

Bought a g35 and have been converting to open gun, slowly. It is set for limited just fine, but I can't stop drooling about open. Picked up a dillion so now I can load whatever.

I have read a lot about issues with converting a 35 to 9mm. Mags, ejectors and extractors. Seems easy enough so I am not worried about getting it right and don't mind playing with it.

Who has gone with the Jager open kit? Even if it wasn't a conversion, I would like to hear your experience with the set up.

I know this isn't the best open gun or set up, but it is what I have for now and the kit is within my budget. I have done everything else I could to my 35 currently and it runs fine.

Once the bug truely bites, I will upgrade to a 2011 as I am already looking...

Anyone running or used the open kit?

(not sure if best to post in this forum or open, move if this is in the wrong place)

If you are already looking for a 2011 Open gun, do that. You'll just waste money converting your glock to open. You mentioned you just picked up a reloader too. spend it on bullets and powders.

Or pick up a 17 or 34 and convert it if you really wanted to.

If you are already looking for a 2011 Open gun, do that. You'll just waste money converting your glock to open. You mentioned you just picked up a reloader too. spend it on bullets and powders.

I would like to go that route, but that is 2x-5x the price, hence budget... B)

thanks for the reply though!

j

I would like to go that route, but that is 2x-5x the price, hence budget... B)

thanks for the reply though!

j

I have 17 that I converted using the Jager kit and its pretty neat! Had some issues at first with my ammo but once I figured the OAL and charge out it shoots pretty flat. I used one of Vaneks triggers in it and I really like it. I can honestly say it is really reliable! I shot a plate match several times and no problem keepsing up with the 2011's. I am a firm believer its the driver or indian behind the arrow as much as the gun! Sure I would like a 2011 open gun but this one is working just fine for me. I also think it looks cool and its different for once.

This is not the cheapest solution but it will work. Buy a G17 slide and a Jager kit. You will need a 9mm extractor for the slide, but you can use the other existing slide parts from your G35. You will also need a G17 ejector. You can now swap between a G35 setup and a 9mm Open setup in less than 5 min.

You can also shoot a .40 open if you want which will save you some cost. Just get a G22 slide and a Jager kit and swap parts back and forth. Think about it this way, you will loose a few rounds per mag but as an inexpensive way to get started in Open, it's not bad. If your shooting is good enough that a couple extra rounds will matter, then you need to be looking at a REAL open gun anyway.

Edited by Graham Smith

• 2 months later...

thanks guys!

any more progress and pics to your build? Im still struggling on the length of the 35 with the comp...think i may just go ahead and buy a G22 slide.

would love to see some pics still.

+1 ... I got the Jäger kit with KKM for my G17.. NOT happy...not so accurate , ejection issues, and it doesn't drive nearly as smooth as a 2011 open gun....I am a very hardcore Glock fan, but a Glock open ? I'm selling my kit for $500 with less than 500rds fired.... So I can buy more ammo for my Major9 2011 ......

thanks guys!

any more progress and pics to your build? Im still struggling on the length of the 35 with the comp...think i may just go ahead and buy a G22 slide.

would love to see some pics still.

It is prety much done. I need a taylor pad for a big stick and maybe the lightened striker.

I have maybe 500 rounds through it so far. Not one hiccup. I ended up not converting to 9mm per Bill @ Jager's wisdom. No regrets. Mostly shot white box, but I did shoot some major 165's and it was nice. I look forward to figuring out a great load for it. With white box, it shoots fine for as often as I don't get to the range... :angry2: , but my dillon will pay off soon with some nice loads.

Length of the comp wasn't noticable for me. I got to 1 second draw/fires with an uncle mikes kydex with dry firing. Just got a DAA rig, so need to get that 100% set.

I would go Jager again, no problem. Everthing fit nice and was easy to drop it all in.

sorry for crappy phone pics...

aaa.jpg

bbb.jpg

I will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.

Edited by jswitt99