Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon RM07

Papa Joe

I have read a lot of great articles on this sight regarding the different red dots available. I have narrowed it down to the Trijicon RM07. I am looking to mount it directly to the slide. Is anyone else out there using it with much success? How is the customer service should you have an issue?

Customer service?

Depends on who builds it.

If you build your own, I don't think you can expect Trijicon to know each and every gun it can be mounted on, and all different styles you can mount it.

If you worry, get a gunsmith and blame him ;)

Although I have never had to use the customer service, I have heard they are good. I have used Leupold ( I messed up my Deltapoint), C-more (board failure), and Insight (mRDS failed) customer service and all of them were great! One thing I have noticed about the gun industry is that most big-name manufacturers are very good about customer service. I doubt you can go wrong with a Trijicon but let us know how it goes.

I have a Trijicon RM02 (non-adjustable LED) melted into a Glock slide. As I suggest to everyone considering this, you should look through one before you take the plunge. The window is small with a fair amount of distortion at the edges. I'm not an open gunner, but if I was I would not use this optic... mine is a range toy (posted below).

Glockworx did my RMR milling and slide lightening (top & side windows). Very clean work and excellent turnaround time. I had it Cerakoted by someone else, so I can't comment of their refinishing services.

Cheers!

-Randy

post-30069-0-14685800-1311555267_thumb.j

The final product is another beautiful SVI IMM from Brandon in 9mm! :cheers: While getting used to the dot and the new grip style, it has thus far exceeded everything that I could imagine. The gun shoots flat and the new grip has changed the geometry to the shooters advantage. It sits so much more naturally in the hand. The dot is easily adjustable to the conditions or what suits you. I will keep you updated on the durability of the dot.

post-16061-0-70824200-1311728299_thumb.j

post-16061-0-95941800-1311728323_thumb.j

post-16061-0-72498500-1311728426_thumb.j

That is correct! Everything is in the detail with him.

That's impressive, making a slide specifically for that type of sight. Everybody else make their slides the same width front to back and don't care about how they look with a slide mounted sight. I guess that's why they cost what they do.

Papa Joe,

Now that Brandon has built you such a beautiful masterpiece........what excuse do you have left for your performance at my match last month? Doesn't it suck when you have top of the line, incredible equipment and you still screw up? Ahhh, the joys. Welcome to the club my friend. That is one purdy blaster you have there. Are you sure that you can own that while living in Ohio? Isn't there a clause in your gun laws somewhere that states if your gun is too cool, you have to donate it to a needy shooter in Michigun who would appreciate it? If so, I might know a guy who would be willing to accept it for you. Just sayin.....