Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Short Dot Shoot Out / Mk 8 CQBSS vs S&B 1-8x

J-Rob

Thank you, very interesting and informative. If I did not have a 1.1-4 short dot I would consider buying the 1-8...... If I had the money.

I'm in the same boat. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that this sight was going to create a certain amount of enthusiasm. Judging from the amount of comments this does not seem to be the case.

Have I missed something? Isn't this a pretty ideal scope for our use? Some mention that it is expensive, but so is the swaro and the zeiss, but people still buy them.

Just wondering.

Edited by olp73

I thought that this sight was going to create a certain amount of enthusiasm. Judging from the amount of comments this does not seem to be the case.

Have I missed something? Isn't this a pretty ideal scope for our use? Some mention that it is expensive, but so is the swaro and the zeiss, but people still buy them.

Just wondering.

I don't think it offers that much of an advantage over the current scopes on the market. I think if you already have a quality 1x6 or 1x4 you aren't losing much to this scope. While the 8X reach is nice, it is probably not necessary. Probably 98% of our shots are within 500 yards and easily manageable with 4x or 6x, real men even do it with irons :bow: . FOV is just as important as magnification for what we do.

What kind of coin on the S & B????????

Here at least, the same as the Swaro z6i. And if you could have 1-8 magnification, BDC turrets included for 5.56 and 7.62mm cartridges. A dual reticle: Mil dot, which stays the same in relation to the target and a constant 2moa flash dot for close work, why not choose the S&B?

Edited by olp73