Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 34 open gun

brytec

Hello everyone! Need help with my Glock 34 open gun to figure out why isn't shootin right? when it was stock, shots were perfect then when I modified it to open, big problem arised!

Modifications: lone wolf barrel, carver 3port comp, ss guide rod with wolf springs 11,12,14 lbs, sjc mount with c-more red dot, sjc magwell, sjc big button mag release, carver slideracker, glockworkz fulcrum trigger kit, lowered ejection port

The problem is the gun kept on jamming/failing with every single shot. The brass gets stuck in the barrel for the most part and doesn't eject properly. The slide seems like its not cycling up. when I pull the slide back and let it slide, it doesn't go all the way back to the front where it should be. it takes a little bit of push for it to go forward and be in the in the right place. it also seems like it needs a hotter load because its acting likeone but i've used hotter load and still unable to function right! ammos i've used to test fire were: 115gr PMC, Sellier & Bellot, winchester white box and reload bullets(hotter). Did not matter which ammo i used, still jammed by not cycling up and brass stuck in the barrel! I tried firing it without the sjc mount to see maybe the mount was obstructing the port, but it still jammed. I also tried to use different magazines because when it jams, it looks like it was not feeding right. I have 3 mags with taylor freelance mag ext and 2 glock stock mags, which i tried but no success either.

Thank you guys in advance for your help. Need suggestions to resolve this problem!

I think you are on the right track by looking at components. If it is getting stuck in the barrel, I'd change that to the stock and see if it is still happening. Then go back from there to springs, etc.

Stock loads are not going to cycle the gun correctly with a comp! You need major PF loads. Flex had a good suggestion, but I would work backwards. (1) Take off the comp and use stock recoil spring)

I bet stock loads will cycle the gun without the comp unless you did not assemble the internals correctly. Then put the comp on. If you use reloads for major, make sure the OAL does not exceed 1.150.

I had the same issue on 40 Glock in G35...it was the Lone Wolf Barrel. I called Danny at LW and he said their barrels are very tight...especially if you are shooting reloads. I sent my barrel to LW and they throated the chamber, opened up the feed ramp and polished the barrel and feed ramp. Haven't had an issue since.

Thank you guys for all your knowledgeable suggestions and comments! Some guys from the pine tree pistol club in Rockford IL, thought that ammo wasn't the problem and that it could be the barrel!

I had a response from carver from Florida where I bought most of the parts from. he will checkout for me!

Thanks again guys !! Have a great one!