Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

screws for Shadow aluminum grips

euxx

Does anyone know specs for screws used with Shadow aluminum grips on and where to get them?

I can't seem to unscrew grips from the gun and will have to replace the screws after ripping the original screws off. The only problem is that I can't find replacement screws.

Thanks in advance.

cross shop with cz custom and cz-usa for the grip screws. also check cz forum, sometiems people sell them there for next to nothing.

if you get them off, you can take them to a hardware store like ace and get replacements for 15 cents - just make sure you get stainless.

also important - don't use lock washers or star washers with them. they are usually steel and can eat at the aluminum grips. i just use blue loctite and they stay put.

sorry don't knwo the specs. but ace hardware has the gauges to tell you the threads per inch and diameter.

also make sure in the future that you use the proper #2 philips that fits perfectly in the heads. sometimes with the cheap tolerances you'll get some #2 drivers that fit loose. i have a snap-on stubby #2 i paid $22 for just to get one that will never round off the screws i use in there.