Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going to China to buy a scope?

mrgwn

Hi there,

my bro is going to China in september and he always brings back a ton of cheap stuff, most of western designed items produced in china can be bought there for like 10-20% of the price here in Europe.

Hes always bothering me with "what do you want, i can get anything" , so as im getting a new rifle i guess i could use a decent benchrest scope aswell ( i ordered weaver v 1-3 for now)y .

My question here is: which scopes are made in china and worth the money overhere? Im not planning to buy a ripoff scope (they copied trijicon scopes aswell) I guess Bushnell has some scopes priduced in china, but dont know what series... So if you know what (respectable, or at least decent) scope manufacturer has the production in china, please let me know...

Thanks guys!

No, guys, you misunderstood my purpose - im not going to buy a copy, i know they are worthless, a co-shoter did a comparison on the web with the trijicon and its chinese copy and it was clearly rubbish.

I want to buy a decent benchrest scope that is produced in china - but an original, not a copy. The stuff for sale there is the original china made stuff, not a cheap copy. When they make like 10000 scopes for Bushnell they send 9500 to us here and sell 500 on their (enormous) markets. Thats where my bro buys stuff and he never gets bad stuff...nowadays a lot of stuff is china made (not all is bad) and before they send it over they sell it with minimum profit overthere.

If there is a problem, will you have the option to make a warranty claim?

I know bushnell will try to make things right if there is a problem.

Who will you call if there's a problem with your item?

No1, but for the price its irrelevant if warranty even exists. Guys, a 500$ scope can be bought for 50$. The EXACTLY same scope as is sold in the u.s. or over here. For that amount i just dont care for warranty and consumer care and all...

These chinese made junkos are cheap knockoffs, nothing like the original.

$500 scope for $50 is not an original surplus but is a knockoff with counterfeit logos. I know things will be cheaper in China, but not 10% the American or European rate. You can't tell me the manufacturers have a 1,000% markup.

Sorry to argue, but if it sounds to good to be true...

I may have exagerated a little, technical stuff is not quite as cheap, the clothes however really are. The markets overthere really sell just the original stuff, counterfits are sold on streets and small shops and sutch. It may not be a 10% price, but a HD camera was sold for less than half the price. Identical as the one here in store...

The problem is, finding an "original" in the first place. Unless you get it direct from the factory, how are you going to know what you are getting? The scope, package, manual, everything may look to be exactly the same as something you would get here and still be a cheap copy.

For $50.00 buy it. One of two things will happen. You'll get a decent optic you can use and get some life out of. Or you blow $50.00 on a piece of junk which fails on you at the worst possible time (match, hunting trip, defensive shooting) and if you're still alive in the case of that last one, you turn around a buy a decent scope from a reputable manufacturer. It's not something I would do but you seem to want to.

I do want to. I want to try it, i dont really care how it turns out, i got weaver scope with burris mount on the way, so im covered. I just want to spend few bucks and have a fun-time-scope. Even if it turns out to be toilet paper tube with coke bottle glasses, i have spent 50$ on more rediculous things many times before. Not proud of it but hey, if no one trys it, how can you tell if its good or bad???

I do want to. I want to try it, i dont really care how it turns out, i got weaver scope with burris mount on the way, so im covered. I just want to spend few bucks and have a fun-time-scope. Even if it turns out to be toilet paper tube with coke bottle glasses, i have spent 50$ on more rediculous things many times before. Not proud of it but hey, if no one trys it, how can you tell if its good or bad???

I got a kick out of a guy last Sunday that had a new AR with the toliet paper hanger rails and flash light etc non free float at a match. The funny part was when his fake Chinese AimPoint would not turn up high enough for him to see the dot in the bright Texas Sun, he had seen it at the safe area that was in the shade. It looked just like an aim point. I told him maybe it was because he didn't turn on the flash light/laser. He was just beside himself, so I told him to focus on night matches.

I wish I cold afford to throw away $50. That's 30 minutes of ammunition for practice.

I was at the range with a guy I sorta know (friend of friend). I saw his Eotech and asked what he paid, he said something like $100 on Ebay, I think it was the 557 model. I told him sounded cheap, asked if he got it used, he said it was new. He put it on his 9mm carbine, zeroed it, fired a shot, and fired antoher shot, then paused and fired another shot. He started twisting the knobs and dials muttering something about losing zero. He spent an half hour doing that... Yeah $100 well spent. :blink: You said if nobody tries it, I am telling you thousands of people have. I maybe would on a .22 or air rifle, but not on a centerfire cartridge.

Let us know how it turns out.