Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue X Frame Rubber Grips

southpaw187

Yup got big hands. I have modded a set of hogue wood grips with pc wood epoxy - fit them to my hand(s) before cure. Have built up several layers so they fit real nice. There not for everyone though - kinda funky lookin. Similar to Matt's but uglier (but at least i dont have mine wrapped in a bandage!)

Looks like i have the x sold but ill let you know if not.

I have had a couple guys asking for pics. The tumor on the left side (pic three) fits into the palm of my WH. I also formed the grip to my WH before cure - actually works quite well for WHO. I still do have some finger groove remaining but filled in most with epoxy. I built up back of grip due to my long fingers and to force a high grip on gun. What is nice with the epoxy is that you can make the grip as big and ugly as mine, or just fill in gaps in your hand to make the grip more comfortable.

please don't take this the wrong way but I got a real good laugh out of those grips! Looks like something out of a medical text book! I will give you a big dose of credit for creativity and problem solving. Can't beat a custom fit!

Yup got big hands. I have modded a set of hogue wood grips with pc wood epoxy - fit them to my hand(s) before cure. Have built up several layers so they fit real nice. There not for everyone though - kinda funky lookin. Similar to Matt's but uglier (but at least i dont have mine wrapped in a bandage!)

Looks like i have the x sold but ill let you know if not.

I have had a couple guys asking for pics. The tumor on the left side (pic three) fits into the palm of my WH. I also formed the grip to my WH before cure - actually works quite well for WHO. I still do have some finger groove remaining but filled in most with epoxy. I built up back of grip due to my long fingers and to force a high grip on gun. What is nice with the epoxy is that you can make the grip as big and ugly as mine, or just fill in gaps in your hand to make the grip more comfortable.

please don't take this the wrong way but I got a real good laugh out of those grips! Looks like something out of a medical text book! I will give you a big dose of credit for creativity and problem solving. Can't beat a custom fit!

Hey no prob! They are weird, which is kinda why I wanted to try the x-grips to be honest, but I do really like them and they get a lot of attention!

GMM50 - I have shot a fair amount of bullseye through the years with some success - all my guns had custom fit grips from Ernie Vitarbo. They filled my hand - full contact - same hold every time. These do the same - yes a bit dif with uspsa but still easily recovered if I’m off a bit on the draw or SH reload. Plus I can crush with WH since I formed to both WH & SH. And I have better control of recoil with these over anything else I've tried. Bottom line though is I had to do something since I could wrap finger on trigger to second knuckle easily. PC Lumber epoxy - Ace Hdw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot a 627 PC in ICORE Open and had been using a set of Pachmyr Grippers but found them better than the Hogue N frame grips but just a little too thin. I just replaced them with the Model 500 grips. These fit me much better and I like the different grip angle. Since I live in western Mass., I stopped by S&W and picked them up. I'll be putting a set on my 625 PC as well.

Edited by Geezer