Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Screws 101

Sarge

I see the top grip screws on a 2011 go into some bushings or shims and are tight.

The bottom grip screws don't appear to do anything? I can turn them but they are not really loose.

The small screw in front of the trigger guard seems to be tight together but it still turns freely in the grip.

Normal?

Yes, when I order grips, like from Jim Shannahan, I request that the bottom "screw" be removed and make it smooth/textured. I started seeing that on SV guns a lot and really like that look but yes Top, it's normal.

Normal. Just take the bottom screws out, and throw them away. They don't serve any purpose except to make people wonder why they are there. More importantly they are even too short to be used as spares for the tops, so they are simply there for decoration ...... in my opinion.

Dont fiddle with the small screws in front, unless they start to come loose. Playing with them, or trying to "make sure" they are tight only helps strip the Allen head sockets, and then you have a real problem .........