Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLP tearing up brass

Has anybody ever seen this happen? At last weekends 3gun it started doing this. Its funny cause I just cleaned it after about 2k rds. Out of 30 rounds, about half was torn. The others were dented pretty good. Im running Rio 2 3/4 1 1/8 8 shot. It still runs just tears up the brass.....Any ideas?

post-32991-0-86041000-1308786155_thumb.j

Has anybody ever seen this happen? At last weekends 3gun it started doing this. Its funny cause I just cleaned it after about 2k rds. Out of 30 rounds, about half was torn. The others were dented pretty good. Im running Rio 2 3/4 1 1/8 8 shot. It still runs just tears up the brass.....Any ideas?

Try other brands. If it's just doing this with the Rios, maybe this lot just has lousy brass.

Bolt carrier is clean, Ive been using Rio's for over a year and have been extreamly reliable, but I did just pick up a new case. So I will try to run some different ammo through and see if I get the same result. I will check for trash under the extractor....thanks for the advice!

P.S Wish I could make the 3gun this weekend Frank.....too much night work this week and need to get work done around the house and garden!

Bolt carrier is clean, Ive been using Rio's for over a year and have been extreamly reliable, but I did just pick up a new case. So I will try to run some different ammo through and see if I get the same result. I will check for trash under the extractor....thanks for the advice!

P.S Wish I could make the 3gun this weekend Frank.....too much night work this week and need to get work done around the house and garden!

When you check the extractor, check the spring also. It might be pinched in such a way that it keeps the back end from seating all the way down.

I won't make the CCPC 3 Gun either. Have another commitment. Giving a talk in Salado about a relative on my side and a relative on my wife's side who opposed each other during the War of Northern Aggression.

My buddy's brand new SLP was doing that this weekend. He also had some extraction issues. Shot some Fiocci low recoil slug and the shotgun would not cycle. The spent shotshells would consistently get STUCK inside the chamber and required some pretty excessive force to manually extract. One shell looked like the ones you have pictured and required a cleaning rod shoved down the barrel to remove.