Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

Jesse, did you dump your pistol into the 55 gallon bucket on the long range stage!!!! That's brave!

We all did on our squad. They said we had to clear it just in case it got pointed the wrong way or we could set it on a wet barrel on safe. We all opted for a clear and drop.

Just in case..................... what??? Isn't that a DQ??

The DQ isn't the important part that's just the result of an unsafe act. The loaded gun pointing at someone is the issue. The problem with the stage design was that there was not a good safe way of grounding your pistol. The choice grounding in a safe condition on top of a wet slippery barrel or empty in a barrel with a bunch of bunch up carpet in it that was meant for long guns.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, did you dump your pistol into the 55 gallon bucket on the long range stage!!!! That's brave!

We all did on our squad. They said we had to clear it just in case it got pointed the wrong way or we could set it on a wet barrel on safe. We all opted for a clear and drop.

The DQ isn't the important part that's just the result of an unsafe act. The loaded gun pointing at someone is the issue. The problem with the stage design was that there was not a good safe way of grounding your pistol. The choice grounding in a safe condition on top of a wet slippery barrel or empty in a barrel with a bunch of bunch up carpet in it that was meant for long guns.

It changed at some point as there was carpet on top of the barrel when we shot the stage.

It changed at some point as there was carpet on top of the barrel when we shot the stage.

I bet the 26 mph winds that we shot in on Saturday blew the carpet of the barrel into the other barrel. Damnit! Having to clear that pistol cost me 2-3 seconds. That time could have been used for 5-8 more misses on the long stuff.

I bet the 26 mph winds that we shot in on Saturday blew the carpet of the barrel into the other barrel. Damnit! Having to clear that pistol cost me 2-3 seconds. That time could have been used for 5-8 more misses on the long stuff.

faster ways to clear your gun, = if you drop the mag just before you hit the last pistol target you save some time. :wacko:

I would have taken wind or fog....we shot it on Sunday in the pouring down rain. I couldnt see through the water on my scope, let alone the water falling from the sky...

Were you shooting it during the awards ceremony on Sunday?? J/K :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to a wonderul 2012 Shooting Season. I came home from work today and found a very nice surprise in my mail box. To my "Favorite 3 Gunners" a HUGE Thank you for just being you and making it all worth while! Happy New Years

:cheers:

I am looking forward to a wonderul 2012 Shooting Season. I came home from work today and found a very nice surprise in my mail box. To my "Favorite 3 Gunners" a HUGE Thank you for just being you and making it all worth while! Happy New Years

:cheers:

This Thread is usless with out photos