Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New .45 ACP mags are in (supposedly)

Nealio

I called EAA today and was told the new .45 ACP mags are ready and shipping. Hopefully this is correct info. I'll find out next week when they arrive. If so I'll be completely upgraded to the "new" style mags on all my calibers. Yay!

Yeah I only had a few feed failures, but they seem to hit the ramp hard. Watching my 9mm load with the new mags and then looking at the .45 it seems like the old .45 mag design has the same flaws as the other calibers.

But, CHA-LEE has the old 10mm tubes running good, but I'm lazy and would rather just have some that work like the new 9mm mags.. ;)

Yeah I only had a few feed failures, but they seem to hit the ramp hard. Watching my 9mm load with the new mags and then looking at the .45 it seems like the old .45 mag design has the same flaws as the other calibers.

But, CHA-LEE has the old 10mm tubes running good, but I'm lazy and would rather just have some that work like the new 9mm mags.. ;)

What I did was set up the round nose rounds to be SAAMI spec length. Then all rounds that were not round nose, I would setup the OAL so that they would fit in the curve outline of the round nose, and then workup the charge weight from there to get to major. This was just on the assumption that .45 was originally designed to be RN, so if I made other bullets "fit" in the same dimensions in should work. I think I got lucky with that.

I don't shoot .45 but have guns that shoot the other four calibers. I only shoot Factory ammo and the new M-G mags have shot anything i put in them. I haven't meet a bullet chambered for 9mm,38S,.40 or 10mm that didn't run. The New Mec-Gar mags are the real thing!

Edited by david s

• 3 weeks later...

Ok got my mags last night, FINALLY. Too bad the .45 ACP 10 rounders and the 9mm compact mags were both the OLD STYLE. I'm so pissed. I told the person specifically that I did NOT want any of the Tanfoglio made mags. I was assured these were the "new mags made by MecGar".

At least my 10mm mag was the new one...

have ya'll noticed that the new k9 9mm mags have what feels like twice the spring that the older mags had? i was running a 6 lb recoil spring in my limited with some 820 fps loads and would not chamber a round when you hit the slide release. chopped a coil off the spring, and then another, before it would reliably chamber a round with henning h-400 basepads. since, i have changed powders and went up to 860 fps with no ill effects. they will feed all 17 rounds to slide lock. just curious, vic

• 7 months later...