Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for Replacing Valkyrie Handguard

gng4life

Hi Everyone,

I want to replace my Valkyrie handguard that came on my STI Competition rifle. The two top reasons is that it gets really hot out at the matches and it is really difficult to find rails for it.

I would like something that would screw on the rifle the same way so it's an easy replacement. Looking for something cooler, like carbon fiber or something similar, and more versatile with rails and attachments. I have looked around but not really happy with the parts I've seen so far.

Welcome to other suggestions as well. Thanks for the advice!

I have an YHM Customizable hand guard and the system, with the nut, is just like the one STI uses or Nordic for that matter. Are all of them the same thing? Maybe they are all made by the same company?

Can the PRI handguard be screwed right on to my rifle too? What about the full length rail that Nordic makes, do they fit my YHM handguard? I really hate the 1/2" gap between the top rail on the handguard and the rail on the upper. Nordic makes a true full lenght rail.

post-4542-0-65770500-1308734861_thumb.jp

Edited by olp73

Okay, has anyone tried this Clark Carbon Fiber handguard?

If you do a search, you will find several discussions on this. I have one but am considering replacing it with something that has rails. I don't know much about the handguard you want to replace, but I wouldn't call the Clark cool, so if that's your only reason for switching, I'd look elsewhere. But if you really want one, I am planning on replacing mine.

If you want super light and airy, I have a YHM lightweight full length that I'm no longer using.

is it hot from shooting it or from the sun in the summer

I really don't find it too hot and I have ran multiple mag dumps through it

I painted mine FDE and that helps with the sun situation (I am in Texas)

Okay, has anyone tried this Clark Carbon Fiber handguard?

If you do a search, you will find several discussions on this. I have one but am considering replacing it with something that has rails. I don't know much about the handguard you want to replace, but I wouldn't call the Clark cool, so if that's your only reason for switching, I'd look elsewhere. But if you really want one, I am planning on replacing mine.

If you want super light and airy, I have a YHM lightweight full length that I'm no longer using.

When I search for "valkyrie handguard", I get four hits - 3 of which are mine and 1 of a classified.

The YHM looks nice, are you going to sell it? Could you PM me the specifics? Thanks