Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI SPARTAN

I need some help with a decision. I would like to start to shoot Single Stack, but just as change of pace to my shooting Limited.

I was thinking about getting the STI Spartan, and would like to hear some pros or cons about the gun. Money is tight but shooting is funner.

thanks for your imput.

I bought one when they first became available. The only modifications I had done was the frame hicut and a trigger job. The gun has ran flawlessly with 230 ball and 185 & 200 SWC lead bullets. Most factory 45 ACP guns are not frame cut with ramped barrels. I bought mine for the same reason as to compair the less expensive gun to the higher dollar versions. The finish is not a pretty and the trigger was not as crisp at first. Now the gun is still not a show horse; however, it is a great work horse.

The Spartan is a great gun for the price. It is not nearly as nice as their Trojan but for $300 less I wouldn't expect it to be; for the price it can't be beat. Great quality, brand name, and STI is a nice company to deal with. If you ever want work done on it you are starting with a great gun, a lot of times when you buy a gun with all the bells and whistles you later find out that you wanted different whistles. I like starting with a simple gun, shooting it for a while, and then seeing if there is anything I would like to have modified. I think the Spartan is a great choice.

Spartan.jpg

I had a trigger job done on mine, ceracoated it, changed out the grips and added a magwell. I also changed out the controls for stainless ones but that was purely cosmetic. It is a real shooter. I have had ZERO malfunctions with the gun but I probably only have 500-750 rounds through it at this point. The front sight is a little thick for my taste, but it works.

Spartan.jpg

I had a trigger job done on mine, ceracoated it, changed out the grips and added a magwell. I also changed out the controls for stainless ones but that was purely cosmetic. It is a real shooter. I have had ZERO malfunctions with the gun but I probably only have 500-750 rounds through it at this point. The front sight is a little thick for my taste, but it works.

NICE SHOOTER, YOU CONVINCED ME. THANKS A BUNCH

• 1 year later...