Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Airlines

Jaxshooter

Saw on the evening news where Delta Airlines charged $2800.00 excess baggage charges to a group of Active Duty Military Personnel after they told them they could each have 4 bags. They charged everyone of them for thier 4th bag.

On top of that, I heard it wasn't luxury items but items like Pelicans full of M4's & M203's.

Poor judgement by the management on hand.

"Hmm - should I make an exception or let this blow up into a PR disaster by ****ing on returning war veterans?" :blink:

I would like to think there's a job opening after this but there probably isn't...

Edited by DyNo!

I'd like to hear that Delta has refunded the money they charged. Until then I'll leave Delta in this column. They refund it, I'll put them in the neutral column.

Not only did Delta refund the money, but Delta changed the rules and increased the Military baggage weight allowance. YouTube and instant videos are defintely a game changer in today's world.

Not a rebuttal--just adding facts.

For those of us who live around Atlanta and have had to deal with Delta in the "past", none of this really comes as a surprise. I'm glad that Atlanta also has Air Tran as a local company to support.

I don't know the whole story but it sounds like Delta tried to do the right thing but some clerk didn't get the message and instead of calling to find out, stuck to the rule book. I swear people are afraid to think for themselves these days. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what the right course of action would have been in this case.