Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Minor Open Load

DyNo!

I shot WWB 9mm white box in my 2011 the other day and the dot didn't leave the window - it ran just fine.

Since there's no power factor in 3-gun, there is no need to make major. There is a need to knock down steel that isn't calibrated to USPSA regulations since many times there aren't calibration checks allowed to begin with.

I've got 8 pounds of HS-6 so that needs to be the powder. I've got a bunch of 124 grain bullets but that doesn't necessarily need to be the projectile since I'll be getting more bullets soon.

Should I try 90 grain bullets? 95? 115? Any favorite brand.

Any suggestions on what velocity to hit or load to try?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I agree, I would just use the 124's you have and load them up to 135-140 PF, that should take care of any steel standing. Problem with HS-6 is that it's not the best minor powder. Don't load them too minor, I would stay at or above 140 PF and see how you like those. Let us know how it goes...

Loaded 6.6 @ 1.160 w/ 124 FMJ - shot pretty soft (Not as soft as WWB but the dot stayed in the C-More), 1154 FPS & 17 SD from a gov't length 2011 with no popple holes.

Dirty as **** just like the 8.2 grain major load but it functioned for 200 rounds.

Edited by DyNo!

keep your power factor up even if its an outlaw match, may have to spin a MGM spinner... something to think about... good luck

No worries, you know how it's a good idea to take a box of high-brass to a major match? :lol:

I always keep a shell caddy full no matter what and I'm sure a SVI full of major wouldn't hurt.