Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conf Calls

CZinSC

I hate when people schedule useless conference calls because they have no idea how to do their own jobs so they have to get 5-10 people on a conference call to discuss "what needs to be done".

Then it turns out they are west coast based ( i'm east coast, company HQ is in CA ) and they schedule these useless friggin conf calls at either 12pm or even worse, 4pm on a Friday!

I swear I'm going to start scheduling Monday morning 9am EDT meetings with West coast personnel and make sure they know the meeting is mandatory. :angry2:

I'm on vacation today headed to double tap championship get a frantic email telling me how the CEO's want this and that and how they need a conferene call tomorrow. Ignored it for hours then responded, I have some time open on my Calendar Next Turesday! Yeah, I call them SAMs Stupid Axx Meetings. I will not accept a meeting invitation that does not include a statement of the Objective and an agenda.

A meeting is a place where a decision is made by the hightest level of un-knowledge.

The sad thing about most meetings is that important, productive things will be discussed and everybody will leave confident that someone else is going to do something about them.

Hurley