Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP Mag Basepads for Caspian?

Attila

Currently the options for Caspian HiCap basepads are either the Caspians or Hennings.

Caspian basepads breakdown easily, but capacity is lower.

Hennings have a higher capacity, but you need a hex wrench whenever you want to break it down.

A higher capacity-easy break down base pad would do well I think. I believe it could also fit CZ large frames since I think the tubes are the same

Any chance Dawson comes out with a basepad for Caspian Hi Caps?

for which caspian magazine ? You say Hennings will fit but noone including Henning will tell me what tubes they fit. I have sliver colored magazines and the bottoms of the tubes curl in and use pads that are the same basic width as the tubes, Will Hennings 141's fit these ? I also have the newer style black colored tubes that come with a much larger quick release pads and these tubes have bottoms that curl out like almost every other magazine.

for which caspian magazine ? You say Hennings will fit but noone including Henning will tell me what tubes they fit. I have sliver colored magazines and the bottoms of the tubes curl in and use pads that are the same basic width as the tubes, Will Hennings 141's fit these ? I also have the newer style black colored tubes that come with a much larger quick release pads and these tubes have bottoms that curl out like almost every other magazine.

The mags with the inward lips are the old style. The only base pad I know that will fit are the EGW ones. I have not looked into them since I am only using the newer ones.

The mags with the outward lips are the new ones and Henning has basepads that will fit. I called Henning and told him what I wanted. The H-141 look like what I have. Henning is very helpful and great to deal with.

Edited by Attila

That's a great idea, Atilla.

We're currently redesigning some of our DP Tool-Less basepads and will look into developing ones for Caspian and CZ after that.

Thanks for the tip!

-Chet

I look forward to whatever you guys can bring to market. Thanks

Ideally it would be

Reloadable with at least 20rds of 40 S&W using aftermarket followers and springs.

Able to take off with out tools.

Cost competitive.

Work with existing mag wells.

I think these would sell.

Edited by Attila

If we are talking the new magazines they already come with a basepad that does all of that, not sure how an aftermarket one that does the same would sell. Id like to see one alot bigger with the right transition to allow for more than 21 rounds of 9/38 for open guns, be nice to have a 150 ish mm magazine to hold 24 or so rounds.

Ideally it would be

Reloadable with at least 20rds using aftermarket followers and springs.

Able to take off with out tools.

Cost competitive.

Work with existing mag wells.

I think these would sell.

Works for me.

If we are talking the new magazines they already come with a basepad that does all of that, not sure how an aftermarket one that does the same would sell. Id like to see one alot bigger with the right transition to allow for more than 21 rounds of 9/38 for open guns, be nice to have a 150 ish mm magazine to hold 24 or so rounds.

I should have specified caliber originally. I edited it after your post.

The Caspian basepads will only get 18rds of 40 as they come from the factory. Probably 19 with grams springs and followers.