Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody have 550 Press Instructional DVD? Any good

I'm going to be purchasing my first reloader, a Dillon 550b and am wondering if i should get the 550 Press Instructional DVD? I don't know anyone that has a dillon or reloads so i'm going to definitely be on my own setting it up and starting out. I have 3 load books and have read them from front to back

I have gone back and referred to it several times... I'd say it isn't critical, but it does help if you do not have an experieced 550 reloader on speed dial....

There are videos online that show all the information on the dvd. It's pretty vague, it mostly just shows you how to set up the press. No trouble shooting help. When you set your priming system up make sure you refer to the spec in the manual(the spec for how far the primer punch should be seated into the cup) and your life will be much easier. And keep all things involved in the primer point of operation clean.

Links?

I found this one helpful.

Yep his videos helped me get mine up and going.

Yup same here... If you ask Dillon they might send you a free copy, dont ask me how I know. I watch the video and reference between the two..

DVD Video;

If these Cats want the same via ratio as 550 & 650 loaders, STIs for used and pay more than retail, you will have to rob a Bank.

Then E-Bay is even worse, Em Cats sell Dillon for Plus Retail after they have robbed every thing off the presses, then a week later here's all the robbed items for sale at retail plus.

It's that way because people buy the sheit and pay the prices, I have never understood.

Buy a used STI High-Cap, and pay a prenium (retail and anything else they can add ) for some hot shot to run 30,000 ++ Plus Rounds thru it, and then tell you how good/wonderful the shape it's in. LOL

Have fun,

Perry

Perry