Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Extractor cleaning?

Pro2AInPA

At the range yesterday I had 4-5 failure to extract malfunctions that lead to double feed jams. I fired 200 rounds in total.

My first thought, of course, was to remove and clean the extractor. However, it looks like the extractor isn't easily removable for cleaning? Any advice?

Edited by Pro2AInPA

I offer an extractor tuning, where I recut the extractor, install an extra power extractor spring, and replace the solid pin with a roll pin for easier removal later. PM me for pricing.

Man I wish I would have known my gun was going to give me issues earlier, I would have just given you the top end at VA/MD. I'll be in touch. :cheers:

Isn't that they way it works!!! Maybe you can come over for one of our matches, or have Graham bring it over if he comes to our RO course.

I'll be at WPA but I'd like to have it taken care of before then if it needs work.

I cleaned the extractor hook as well as I could last night. I'm going to do some more shooting to see if the problem resolves. If not, I'll send her your way. You'd just need the top end, right?

it is a super pain in the ass, Dan has done all of mine but on my limited i started having some issues, i got a machinist at work to help me out. finally found out the secret it a simple (yea right) matter of overcoming the spring tension on the extractor and that will take all the pressure off the pin and you can get right out. and mine was just plain nasty all full of cr-p. clean it out be sure all carbon was gone, and now it is just like it was when i got back fron Dan. all this was after 3-5k at least rounds.