Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need some info about my 1st AR

bigcat

Ok wanting to get into 3 gun but on a budget. Also am blind in right eye due to injury so need a left handed rifle. Shot my best friends right hand and it kept blowing spent casings back in my face. I know that stag is the only one left handed but how much as a estimate do u think it would cost to build one with stag upper and lower and price shop all the rest. A stagg right now just isn't in budget. Thanks for help

Ok wanting to get into 3 gun but on a budget. Also am blind in right eye due to injury so need a left handed rifle. Shot my best friends right hand and it kept blowing spent casings back in my face. I know that stag is the only one left handed but how much as a estimate do u think it would cost to build one with stag upper and lower and price shop all the rest. A stagg right now just isn't in budget. Thanks for help

the spent cases hitting you in the face (a lefty shooting a "normal" AR) is not at all normal. the gun is either missing a brass deflector or something else is amiss. Try more rifles, the normal ones with the ejection port on the right.

Why? you will have more to choose from for your purchase, and as far as I am concerned (I'm a lefty) any gun with the ejuction port on the right is a gun built for leftys!

And I don't get hit in the face with brass, or shotgun hulls...

jj

the spent cases hitting you in the face (a lefty shooting a "normal" AR) is not at all normal. the gun is either missing a brass deflector or something else is amiss.

I agree. I'm right handed and right eye dominant (i.e. normal for all you lefty's out there, um, JJ :rolleyes:) and I've practiced shooting all my AR rifle with opposite hand with no issue of getting hit by the spent casings. My rifles with the deflector throws the casing forward to the right. The rifles without the deflector throws the casing out to the right and a little rearward. But never rearward enough to hit me.

• 3 months later...

I've shot my rifle, with no brass deflector, left handed. Was I hit with brass? Hell, I don't know I was kinda busy shooting. ;-)

Honestly, Ive never noticed weather or not I've been hit by brass. As long as it doesn't sit there and burn me, I dot worry about it

Stag is definitely coming out with a lefty 3 gun rifle. It will look just like this only the brass will eject out the other side.

3a339ff8.jpg

Here is the pricing on these bad boys...

Model 3G (right-handed): MSRP $1459 without sights, $1659 with Dueck Defense RTS

Model 3GL (left-handed): MSRP $1479 without sights, $1679 with Dueck Defense RTS

That is a great looking rifle... B) . Not all companies produce a left hand version.

Im not aware of anyone making a left handed upper other than Stag.

A couple of other companies that make (or did make) left hand uppers are DPMS and Voveske. Not certain what other companies might have made left had uppers. But in any case, the Stag rifle is a great choice B)