Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy From Alabama

Hey everyone. I am currently a student at the University of Alabama. I got a S&W M&P Pro 9 two weeks ago, and shot my first match ever this past weekend in Arab, AL. I had a blast at it and am looking forward to shooting many more matches and learning a lot.

Hey everyone. I am currently a student at the University of Alabama. I got a S&W M&P Pro 9 two weeks ago, and shot my first match ever this past weekend in Arab, AL. I had a blast at it and am looking forward to shooting many more matches and learning a lot.

Welcome - that is a fun match - Mark works hard to make it fun for us. I missed it last Saturday for graduation. Are you at UAH? There are several IDPA matches in the area and that is another venue worth considering.

Looking forward to shooting with you...I make the Arab matches pretty regularly.

Welcome aboard!!! You will have little time to do much but read and be amazed at the knowledge that is here in these threads! Use your search function, give your wallet to a responsible adult and have fun!

Another welcome here. I usually make that particular match but was in Birmingham for The Masters. Arab hosts some good local matches. Watch out for the SOLVABILITY character that posted above. He can be a hectoring bastage. :roflol:

Thanks everyone! I live in the Birmingham area during the summer, and I usually go to Steel City in Hoover, or FOP in Pleasant Grove, with friends whenever I can make it. Looking forward to start shooting more competitions: just need to look into getting my own rig (I borrowed a friend's last weekend). I won't be able to make it to Anniston this weekend, but hopefully can go somewhere next weekend!

Steel City is where The Masters was held. I believe it is actually called Brocks Gap now. I still call it Steel City

There is a big crowd of USPSA/IDPA shooters locally in Hoover. I am sure you will feel right at home with that crowd.

Edited by hankfan79

Thanks everyone! I live in the Birmingham area during the summer, and I usually go to Steel City in Hoover, or FOP in Pleasant Grove, with friends whenever I can make it. Looking forward to start shooting more competitions: just need to look into getting my own rig (I borrowed a friend's last weekend). I won't be able to make it to Anniston this weekend, but hopefully can go somewhere next weekend!

The next weekend will be in Argo at Heritage.Rifle and Pistol Club. There may be another one somewhere, but that is the closest.

Steel City is where The Masters was held. I believe it is actually called Brocks Gap now. I still call it Steel City

There is a big crowd of USPSA/IDPA shooters locally in Hoover. I am sure you will feel right at home with that crowd.

I actually live in Hoover, so I'll make sure I get to Brocks Gap at some point. Thanks for letting me know!

Welcome aboard Jordan...glad you had fun at the match last Saturday.

Thanks Mark! I really enjoyed shooting that match, and I am extremely grateful for everything all you guys did to go out of the way to welcome and help me. I'm looking forward to coming up again this summer and shooting some more!