Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using a 9mm slide/conversion on a 40 frame

RUSHARP2

So the deal is I want to be able to shoot my Match or Limited in 3 gun, outlaw matches only so no power factor to worry about. Is there anyone that has bought a conversion to go on top of their 40 frame? If I do it I am going with the longslide with super sight. I have read some on it, but a a little gun shy of doing it.

Money is an issue, so new gun is not an option, and I like the trigger on the 2 I have.

I only load major 40, and dont want to tweak my set up to load minor.

I have a stock pile of 9mm components, too.

9mm loaded with Henning mags, I can load to 22-23 which gets me through most pistol stages.

So anyone running it, or possibly some experience with another conversion?

I am aware of that there is not a 40 frame. My question was not really what slide to get, but the fit and what really needs to be done to get it competition ready. I figure on a front fiber optic, but what is the rear sight like..etc.

I am not looking for a slide to plink with but to use. So I am looking specific feed back on getting it ready. I should have been more clear.

Matt

Edited by RUSHARP2

Stick to 40 caliber and make 40 Minor loads. They will shoot way softer than 9mm and you will be able to achieve reliable feeding. All of the large frame 9mm guns are known for horrible jamming issues. The jamming situation alone would keep me from ever buying a large frame 9mm EAA pistol.

I don't understand why everyone that DOESN'T shoot a 9mm keeps saying there are jamming/feeding issuers and those of us that are shooting these 9mm's say they are fixed.

I guess I need to get a thread pinned.

The standard capacity magazines may fix the jamming issues. But I am yet to see an extended base pad/high capacity solution work jam free. This guy wants to run 9mm for the extra round count while using extended base pads. I am yet to see a jam solution for 9mm with high capacity mags that can produce a 23+ round capacity. If you know of one post it up or point us to the thread that already shows us how to do it.

If it does not exist then my recommendation will be to stick to 40 as I know we can create solid feeding high capacity 21+1 magazine configuration.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Cha-lee hit the nail on the head. I want 23 rounds. I can run 20 in my sig 226, but like shooting the tanfo much more. I am not really liking the idea of minor 40, as it is just as costly as major, so I might just stick with major. I suck so it is not going to make that much of a difference.

What is the highest capacity without jams? If I could get 20 consistently, I would take it to be able to shoot my favorite guns.

Thanks guys

The standard capacity magazines may fix the jamming issues. But I am yet to see an extended base pad/high capacity solution work jam free. This guy wants to run 9mm for the extra round count while using extended base pads. I am yet to see a jam solution for 9mm with high capacity mags that can produce a 23+ round capacity. If you know of one post it up or point us to the thread that already shows us how to do it.

If it does not exist then my recommendation will be to stick to 40 as I know we can create solid feeding high capacity 21+1 magazine configuration.

Ok fair enough. I guess I"ll get working on a 23+ mag solution.