Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS and aluminum magwell...what do you use for base pads?

imknadian

I just bought a cz ts aluminum magwell and realized that I need base pads to be able to seat them fully and easily. Is there anyone that sells base pads for a ts that will keep the mag capacity at 10 and aren't the $38 aluminum ones that cz custom sells? are there rubber or polymer ones that will fit? Has anyone made their own?

The Mec-Gar Plus 2 base pads for a Beretta will work as the slot is at the top of the base instead of the bottom. They fit my CZ 9mm mags perfectly. Not sure if you have a .40. I know some of the .40 and 9mm mags will hold both calibers. Price is right. I know it adds capacity but I am sure you could fill the base with some sort of spacer epoxied in and shave off the Plus 2 lettering on the side. Leave a small recess for the take down catch. Might take a little work but should be doable. They protrude a perfect amount from the magwell for easy seating. Should be easier to get into Canada then a complete mag.

The Mec-Gar Plus 2 base pads for a Beretta will work as the slot is at the top of the base instead of the bottom. They fit my CZ 9mm mags perfectly. Not sure if you have a .40. I know some of the .40 and 9mm mags will hold both calibers. Price is right. I know it adds capacity but I am sure you could fill the base with some sort of spacer epoxied in and shave off the Plus 2 lettering on the side. Leave a small recess for the take down catch. Might take a little work but should be doable. They protrude a perfect amount from the magwell for easy seating. Should be easier to get into Canada then a complete mag.

CZ Tactical Sport (TS) mags are different (larger) than regular CZ mags. The Beretta or CZ rubber basepads don't work.

I don't know of a basepad that fits for extending a 10 rounder. Youy will have to fabricate your own more than likely.

Having said that, I like the CZ Custom ones that cost $38. But I'm loading to 20.

Just glue some rubber bumpers on the bottom of your TS mags.

Edited by sfinney

I was thinking of cutting some plastic pieces out of the same kind of material that fish filleting boards are made of...you know, the polyurethane kinda plastic...I don't know what else to call it. :)

Anyway, if I cut it the same size as the bottom of the mags and then actually trimmed it a bit to fit inside the bottom of the magazine base, it would be perfect. I'd even glue them in if I could. I can't see ever needing to remove them once they are in. Ideally, it would be nice to have a CNC milling machine to mill some aluminum stock that would fit perfectly inside the base.

Anyone have any other ideas?

• 1 year later...

I was thinking of cutting some plastic pieces out of the same kind of material that fish filleting boards are made of...you know, the polyurethane kinda plastic...I don't know what else to call it. :)

Anyway, if I cut it the same size as the bottom of the mags and then actually trimmed it a bit to fit inside the bottom of the magazine base, it would be perfect. I'd even glue them in if I could. I can't see ever needing to remove them once they are in. Ideally, it would be nice to have a CNC milling machine to mill some aluminum stock that would fit perfectly inside the base.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I made a mold and poured fiberglass resin into mine.

I just bought a cz ts aluminum magwell and realized that I need base pads to be able to seat them fully and easily. Is there anyone that sells base pads for a ts that will keep the mag capacity at 10 and aren't the $38 aluminum ones that cz custom sells? are there rubber or polymer ones that will fit? Has anyone made their own?

The CZ aluminum base plates that are used with their magwell, I believe are $16.95- http://czcustom.com/cz75flatalbasepadsilidpa.aspx

Just call them and they can confirm.

I have them on my CZ75b SA with their magwell and they are very nice.

Edited by sjz