Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is actually different in the Pro vs standard internals?

JonF

I've held the standard M&P and the pro and the difference in smoothness, weight and reset is very pronounces between the two, but are the pro internals just an alternate part number or are they same ones, just worked over by the S&W 'smiths before going out the door? I'm have difficulty getting a 5" Pro 9mm in my state and am curious if this is a viable alternative to the apex parts or a custom job.

I used to have a pro. The sear is just worked over by the performance shop.

ON THE OTHER HAND two newer members of my club each have new M&P's. One bought the pro and the other bought the L and sent it to Dan Burwell. The Dan Burwell trigger is head and shoulders above the pro's. So much so that the pro owner is sending his off to Dan as soon as possible.

The pro is better out of the box but nothing beats a quality trigger job whether its Dan or probably even a drop in APEX setup.

The pro is better out of the box but nothing beats a quality trigger job whether its Dan or probably even a drop in APEX setup.

This. I haven't shot one of Dan's guns, but the drop-in APEX parts are definitely better than the stock pro.

Taking apart my Pro, the only difference I could see was the sear. i polished all the metal bright and rounded the FPB,cut the spring and it improved the pull quite a bit. I decide to leave it as is even though I have an extra apex kit laying around.

I was profoundly disappointed by the trigger pull of my M&P9 Pro. It did not seem any better than the stock trigger on the regular M&P9. I bought Apex parts and did a lot of stoning myself to get it how I liked. The "Pro Center" should have saved their energy, and saved me some $$$.

Edited by StealthyBlagga