Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Open GLock

zipper046

OK, will be brief.

Have a Limited G35 with Vanek Trigger that runs great. Also have G22 set up like my dept issue sidearm (NY1 trigger, 5.5lb connector = 8lb trigger).

Looking to build an Open .40. Should I build another slide for the G35 or keep that as a Limited gun and build my personal G22 into an Open gun?

I looked into the Jager package, SJC package, and Carver packages. Liking the Carver combo of Cmore, mount, barrel and compensator.

What say the experienced here? Convert my G22 or build another top end for my G35 and swap between Limited & Open?

Z-

I would build a G17, but if you want to stay with forty I think I'd build a separate gun so you didn't have to swap parts, especially if you end up with frame mounted optics.

Edited by Glockcomma

Leave yer 35 alone. Get a Jager barrel and comp for the G22 and call it good. After running both I stuck with the slide mount Docter optic. The Springer Precision optic mount has been performing perfectly. It has to. The added benefit of the slide mount is any competition holster will work. A huge plus IMO. Gets a bit complicated with frame mount units.

I played with an Open 40 a bit. Turns out I can get a major 9 Open G17 to shoot A LOT flatter (faster) no matter what I loaded in the 40.

I'm currently in the building process of a Glock Open .40 gun. I'll post some pictures up of the top half tonight or tomorrow. Had my gunsmith lighten the slide which should allow the gun to cycle a little faster. If anything it looks cool now.

Like Jman said, a 9 Major gun would run much smoother than a .40 open gun however, I'm different and like to try other things outside the normal.

Started a build thread on my .40 Open gun. Hope it will help you along the way... http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129081

Blcksmk

Edited by Blcksmk

Leave yer 35 alone. Get a Jager barrel and comp for the G22 and call it good. After running both I stuck with the slide mount Docter optic. The Springer Precision optic mount has been performing perfectly. It has to. The added benefit of the slide mount is any competition holster will work. A huge plus IMO. Gets a bit complicated with frame mount units.

I played with an Open 40 a bit. Turns out I can get a major 9 Open G17 to shoot A LOT flatter (faster) no matter what I loaded in the 40.

One of the options I am looking at. Sticking with .40 since I reload it....and have ample supply right now.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the options I am looking at. Sticking with .40 since I reload it....and have ample supply right now.

Did you ever figure out what your building? Or have you started?

Blcksmk

If you search for "Open" in the Glock section or "Glock" in the Open section, you will find many threads that cover the same thing. Here is a post I made in another recent Open Glock thread:

This is not a new topic by any means, but FWIW, I'm in the process of doing the same thing but doing it as simple as possible. So, I ordered a Lone Wolf G22 slide and a Jager kit and will pull the striker and plunger and stuff out of my G35 slide and put this on my G35 Limited lower and be ready to go. Total time to convert the gun from a G35 Limited to G22 Open is about 3 minutes.