Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK45 Modifications

DFinan

I am a very new USPSA shooter, and currently shoot limted 10 with my HK45. As of now I havent made any changes to it, using it straight out of the box so to speak. Does anyone have any experience competeting with this gun and suggestions on things to look at modifying (staying within limited 10 specs of course)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

David

I also find the more I shoot my HK45 I'm starting to hate the V1. The safety and decocker lever is right in the way of my grip and I cannot get high enough on the gun as I like. If I try and shoot it like my 1911 I end up decocking it and if I put my thumbs under it I end up flipping the safety up.

I also find the more I shoot my HK45 I'm starting to hate the V1. The safety and decocker lever is right in the way of my grip and I cannot get high enough on the gun as I like. If I try and shoot it like my 1911 I end up decocking it and if I put my thumbs under it I end up flipping the safety up.

I have HK USP 45 tactical with same problem-ish. solved by stipple on the top of the saftey decocker. This allowed me to ride my right thumb on the safety like a 1911. I have a good picture, will email it if interested.

I have HK USP 45 tactical with same problem-ish. solved by stipple on the top of the saftey decocker. This allowed me to ride my right thumb on the safety like a 1911. I have a good picture, will email it if interested.

I'm not the OP of this thread, but I wish you would post it on the forum for everyone to see. Thanks.