Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet feeder

Has anyone actually got any bullet feeder dies from hornady - hornady don't even know when they will start making them - its frustrating to have a brand new feeder since december with no way to use it

end of pathetic rant.

Just wonderin' if some pre-purchase research would have revealed that no dies were available for Hornady's bullet feeder? That they would manufacture a bullet feeder and then not have the dies necessary to use it is unconscionable.

this problem happens alot, and I hear about this situation frequently. alot of people try other bulletfeeders ie: Hornady,gaspari,rcbs,etc and they wind up getting frustrated and doing away with those machines and buying a "Mr. Bulletfeeder" and then I never hear from them again....

Hope they can make it right and get the dies for you before the shooting season ends.

• 2 weeks later...

this problem happens alot, and I hear about this situation frequently. alot of people try other bulletfeeders ie: Hornady,gaspari,rcbs,etc and they wind up getting frustrated and doing away with those machines and buying a "Mr. Bulletfeeder" and then I never hear from them again....

Hope they can make it right and get the dies for you before the shooting season ends.

Sean - You are an all round good guy, contribute to the sport etc . My Hornady bullet feeder works just fine. The first die I got was supposed to be defective and I guess it was but it sure worked good. Hornady sent me a letter they were replacing it and in about 4 or 5 weeks I got the die in the mail, no charge. I continued to use the "defective" one for a few months and in boredome the other day I finally opened the package and started using the new one. If works just as good as the defective one. I'll have to admit that its fustrating when you want to order something and it is not in stock, like Schuemann barrels, so lets just write them off along with any other item we find that is not in stock when we want it. I think that is what has knocked Zero bullets out of the top spot and given Montana Gold the spot. Hornady knows I'm using it on a Dillon XL650 but they are not holding that against me.

Order it from Grafs or another reliable vendor and as soon as they have stock you will get it. When I ordered mine they had not made the first one yet, but a week later I was using it.

I'm sure that the Mr Bulletfeeder is a superior machine, I just have an inferior amount of money, I started with nothing I still have most of it.

im running it along with 2 other friends. it works pretty well but i was lucky as my friend who bought first ordered xtra dies for 9 and 38super so when i coundnt get a die he sent me one of his.the down side is i also load 9 and 38super so when i'm switching i have to remove the die also. not that big a deal though.

Hi CocoBolo,

I have ordered my die along with the bullet feeder from Grafs however they are unsure as to when the dies will be delivered. It is getting close to a month now and was just wondering whether any one had heard when Hornady was going to do another production run.

Cheers

Hi CocoBolo,

I have ordered my die along with the bullet feeder from Grafs however they are unsure as to when the dies will be delivered. It is getting close to a month now and was just wondering whether any one had heard when Hornady was going to do another production run.

Cheers

When I talked to them earlier this year, they explained that they have a limted number of machines and they set up for an item and do a run then reset up for the next and so on. But I have not heard anything lately. Grafs is good folks they will take care of you. Hornady can be a bit slow.

Now I would think that you could use the 38Super die or the 9 mm die on either because the bullet is the same, it would be just about adjusting for the height of the case. I have not tried it because I have a bucket full of Super Comps loaded and I've been got 20k pieces of 9 mm brass that I have been to use up in 9 major, half way there. I have 2 9 mm die but I use one on the LNL and the other on the XL650 and just move the feeder between the two.

Grafs have been great, this is my second order through them. I live in Australia so it is always difficult to deal across the net/emails however Missy has helped me out heaps.

The die I have ordered is the HRN095330 which is the 380/9mm, on Grafs website it appears that they are completely out of all the Bullet Feeder calibres so there must be a run coming soon. I am really looking forward to being able ot run both the bullet and case feeder on the XL650, it should make it a lot quicker!!

Cheers

Edited by vscorsa

It took about 3 months to get my 45acp feeder die - I had it ordered through 4 diff sources and midsouth finally got it to me. btw, the feeder works great with precisions and bayou's hard coated lead and after 2000 still feeding great.

Great news SSTim, I have emailed Missy so hopefully mine have also arrived at Grafs!!

Awesome they all arrived as promised by Grafs last week (I phoned and begged Beanie and Missy, something like a NRA fund raising campaign,lol), now if only I could get some free time to set even one of them up ! I also got the new piece no charge from hornady that fits on the powder measure (it controls depth of the powder through expander) I'll have to figure both out as I imagine belling the case is going to be critical to the process :wacko: I can feel the peace from the inner sanctum of the man cave already.... and its only Wednesday :wacko:

Edited by SSTim

Ordered two 9mm dies, on Wednesday, and today received them.

After checking out about 12 suppliers, finally found one who had them in stock!

Edited by Foxbat