Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington 700 260 build on a used action

AlamoShooter

how do you like the JP chassis so far been thinking of putting one on my rifle

I had a chance to try out but have not owned the AI stock , I Like the JP stock a lot. I have not shot any long range events., so what do I know ? I do know that over the past few months I shot and used the stock with a 22-250 mounted in it and put my self in moving into a few positions in the rocks and hills.

I can break the rear of the stock over and get a look through the barrel to bore sight it and or use the cleaning rod.

But the cheek piece is just rite with I swing the stock back in place.

I would like a shorter Bi-pod

The cost of the JP to the AI is the same when you factor in that JP provided two AI 10 round mags with the stock.

And if I wanted to :devil: I could go totaly Rad and put a Carbon Arms free float tube on it Now How would that look ? :devil:

Like the Devils thunder thats how it would look.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Jaime, happy new year. Like your new 260 rifle. Have never tried the JP stock, but it looks good. Here is what I put togther.

XLR.JPG

It is a 260 REM in a 700 REM SA. The stock is a XLR with a Magpul PRS Stock and pistol grip. It also has a RAD muzzle brake. With my handloads this rifle will shoot 1/2 moa.

Edited by M118LR

Jaime, happy new year. Like your new 260 rifle. Have never tried the JP stock, but it looks good. Here is what I put togther.

XLR.JPG

It is a 260 REM in a 700 REM SA. The stock is a XLR with a Magpul PRS Stock and pistol grip. It also has a RAD muzzle brake. With my handloads this rifle will shoot 1/2 moa.

Cool! looks good. What bolt handel are you useing ?

What bolt Handel are you using

Jaime, the bolt handle is from KWM. I send them the bolt and they do the work. Also GA Precision does good bolt handle work.

OK, The one I have is a PTG and the gun smith let me try several samples to figure out what I wanted. The Razor scope at 35mm is big at the Eye Box so I wanted some extra length to clear it with my hand in place. = it works out fine for me so far. I am just learning. shooting with a bi-pod is mostly new to me, and shooting prone.

I may end up having to practice at home on manipulating the bolt in different positions.

The plan now it to get a training head start with Trip M after I find a load the gun likes. so far it like most every thing I have loaded for it.

• 5 months later...

Jamie,

I'm thinking about getting one of these chassis for my bolt gun.

It looks like you have plenty of clearance between the scope objective and the round JP handguard, right? The pictures on JP's website show using a JP mount for an AR on the rifle, but I'd rather just use a 20 MOA rail and medium rings.

Jamie,

I'm thinking about getting one of these chassis for my bolt gun.

It looks like you have plenty of clearance between the scope objective and the round JP hand guard, right? The pictures on JP's website show using a JP mount for an AR on the rifle, but I'd rather just use a 20 MOA rail and medium rings.

The Scope I have is a 35mm Razor and its big, I have the Badger 20moa rail as well.

= with the shade on the scope cleared the hand guard but it was so close I could not get the cap on. the rings were 0.325" above the rail.

The second thing was that the adjustable check piece was all the way down.

I am much happier with the higher rings

Its a great stock your going to love it

I spoke to Jamie (nice guy) before receiving My JP Chassis about the ring height. Again thanks for the Advice Jamie!

I have a 20 MOA rail and a 30mm NF 50mm bell, I also went with the 1.2 high rings. Once I recieved the stock I measured for rings and the height was 1.1 inches with 1/8" clearance. I went with the 1.2 rings and not 1.125 rings to make sure the scope cover would be easier to get on and off. My scope cover has an thick bead on it.

I have about 3/16" of clearance from bell to rail.

The JP set-up is very accommodating, and even with the 20 MOA mount my first set of Vortex rings at 0.90 worked with the scope. just I had to set the cheek piece all the way down and push my face in hard. -not a bad thing-.

My Rifle builder =Leather Custom= loaned me a high set to try out, it was 1.45" tall to the center line of the scope. That was nice. But now with the Vortex brand high rings at 1.25" I am even happier

one thin I like that I can grab the gun in one hand just forward of the mag well like an AR and move it balanced in my hand.

• 1 month later...

Buy some Alpha 10round WSM mags, tweak feed lips and you now have an 18 round reliable mag. Most times you won't have to do a mag change while others running 10 round mags do. Also McRee makes an AI copy that works reliably and a little cheaper.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 months later...

Several friends from out of state have told me they followed this thread and asked about an update.

I had to put this project on the back burner for a wile to attend to some of " Life's Challenges "

Well I have it working very consistent with a load that I like and likes me. 140 AMax with 42.9 of Hogdon 4350 - 2,785-fps

The gun and load defies the ballistic table with a 200 yard sight in landing my bullets consistently 0.2 Mill high at 500 yards.

most of my tables put me with a drop of 2.2 mill for 500 - But at 1,100 ft elev 55 to 75 deg I only need 2 mill of hold over.

This groop is after adjusting my hold lower after the first shot hit high. the wind picked up just a bit too and I had to hold one of the target circles to the left of ware the quarter would have been if it had not fallen off before I could shoot.

to look hard though my scope. I was disappointed after looking in the spotting scope at the end , But real happy with the best group I ever shot at 500 yards. happy enough to take a photo.

2012-12-09_500yardgroup.jpg

But real happy with the best group I ever shot at 500 yards. happy enough to take a photo.

If I follow what you are saying, that's about a 1/4 MOA group. And you are shooting using hold overs? I know really expert shooters that can't do that. If that's the case, you need to start shooting F-Class ASAP - you'll clean their clocks.