Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would Like to shoot a steel Match

Clyde

Flexmoney

Looks to be 3 1/2 hr ride. Would have to come up on a Friday night.

Could happen. Just need a Puppy sitter. :)

Sounds Like fun...

Thanx

Rhino

I sent AikiDale a PM Thanx for the heads up.

Clyde

Thanks for the plug Rhino!

Clyde,

I am looking into setting up a steel match. It will most likely be held at Silver Creek Conservation Club in Southern Indiana. I'll post again when I have the steel and more details.

Dale

No problemo, AikiDale-san!

Are you going to try to join this month for steel? If you make it an overnighter, you can shoot the USPSA match the following day (we had to move it from second Sunday this month because of Easter).

• 1 month later...

Beginning Saturday, June 26 2004, there will be a Steel Match held at Silver Creek Conservation Club the Fourth Saturday of each month.

If you need more information email. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday, June 26!

Dale

mail@dalematthews.com

Dale, Where can I find some rules for this steel shooting business? Gun Geek and I are going to try and make it so we can watch Clyde burn the house down with his spiderman gun. Do they let Glocks into competitions like this or will I need my real gun?

Dale, Where can I find some rules for this steel shooting business? Gun Geek and I are going to try and make it so we can watch Clyde burn the house down with his spiderman gun. Do they let Glocks into competitions like this or will I need my real gun?

Safety Rules are taken from IPSC/USPSA. Cold range, keep the pistol pointed down range. When you are not on the line to shoot pistol should be in a holster.

To play the game you shoot at five steel targets. One is designated as the Stop Plate. This must be shot last. You shoot each stage 5 times. Your score is the average of your 4 best times. Most stages have no movement. Those which do involve only a couple of steps.

You may shoot any handgun you like. Semi-auto, double or single action center fire revolver and .22 rim fire. You may even shoot a Glock, if you can find one that can get off 5 shots without jamming! :P

We will break down by these divisions: 9mm and larger center fire;

Open semi-auto

Limited semi-auto (no compensators, notch and post sights)

Open revolver

Double action revolver (no compensators, notch and post sights)

Single action revolver (no compensators, notch and post sights)

Repeat for .22 rim fire

I would suggest you bring more than one gun and shoot more than one round!