Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

springfield A1

whitedog

whatever SA it is (or 1911) for SS comp most things you see

magwell

beavertail

ambi's

extended mag release

sometype of front strap texture (grip tape to checkering)

good sights (adjustable are what you see mostly)

good trigger job usually a

Koenig hammer with EGW sear

on SA most people dump the titanium firing pin

I will say I am not sure if this is correct or not, but some have led me to believe a Springfield may not be the best choice due to the ILS Mainspring Housing which it seems it is not legal to switch out in IDPA.

I just picked up a TRP before finding this out so it is kinda annoying but I forgot all about the ILS on the Springfields. I am still going to keep the TRP as I love the gun, I just wanted to switch to a different mag well which requires changing the mainspring housing. :(

I will still use it in USPSA, and have a Glock 34 I am going to focus on first anyway, but still it is a bummer.

I will say I am not sure if this is correct or not, but some have led me to believe a Springfield may not be the best choice due to the ILS Mainspring Housing which it seems it is not legal to switch out in IDPA.

I just picked up a TRP before finding this out so it is kinda annoying but I forgot all about the ILS on the Springfields. I am still going to keep the TRP as I love the gun, I just wanted to switch to a different mag well which requires changing the mainspring housing. :(

I will still use it in USPSA, and have a Glock 34 I am going to focus on first anyway, but still it is a bummer.

You can replace the MSH easy enough, or you can remove the ILS components from the existing MHS. It takes all of 5min.

Already went with new housing. Wilson internal. Pull is steady 3.5 now. Ramp polished. Toying with mainspring now to match reloads.200 grain rnfp over 4.0 grains clays. Should make major, if not I'll bump it to 4.2 or so. Thanks guys, any other thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Already went with new housing. Wilson internal. Pull is steady 3.5 now. Ramp polished. Toying with mainspring now to match reloads.200 grain rnfp over 4.0 grains clays. Should make major, if not I'll bump it to 4.2 or so. Thanks guys, any other thoughts?

Please forgive the newb quetion but I am looking to change out my MSH to a S&A with magwell and was informed that I need to change out the internals due to the ILS. I will be shooting SS at my local club ( currently shooting production )and want to make sure I set this up correctly. I was told a 19lbs competition mainspring.

Any advice or links that would help me better understand this would be appreciated.