Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting wisdom teeth out - share your xperience

I can't recall any unpleasantness that was out of the ordinary. I was back to dipping Copenhagen two days later. I learned that you can get quite a buzz when the tobacco juice goes directly into four open wounds. :surprise:

That's nasty!

HAHA! I think I'll use this surgery as an excuse to quit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two taken out in my mid-twenties. After a local shot the dentist grabbed a tool that looked like a Phillips screwdriver and said he was going to see how tight they were. He did a few pushes and twisted his wrist and my tooth was in his hand. I was really surprised how big the tooth was.

He pulled both teeth in about same time it takes my to write this post. The post event was similar to the other posts - a little blood, drugs, couch floating like its on a calm sea, sleep.

Getting all 4 wisdom teeth out (3 impacted) next weekend.....share your experiences! I'm pretty nervous. Ill be COMPLETELY out for the procedure, thankfully....general anesthesia.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cake... I had the same thing. just follow the Dr. instructions with gargling and what not...

• 3 weeks later...

My dumb arse didn't follow instructions and got dry socket and a infected nasal cavity

Thought i was gonna die

FWIW, follow all instructions and take your medicine as directed , lol

Edited by jayd

Getting all 4 wisdom teeth out (3 impacted) next weekend.....share your experiences! I'm pretty nervous. Ill be COMPLETELY out for the procedure, thankfully....general anesthesia.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Good call with the anesthesia! It hurts :(

Well, it's over with. Doc pushed the appointment back the first time due to emergency surgery, so that's why it's been a while since I've posted here.

I had the surgery yesterday morning at 8:00. Gave me some gas, put the IV in and after he injected the anesthesia, I had about 5-8sec of feeling like I just drank a 12 pack then lights out. Apparently they moved me into recovery but don't remember any of that. Vaguely remember being wheeled to the car but REAL memory starts after I walked from the car to the couch after surgery.

The oxycodone is GREAT. No pain except a little after chewing mac and cheese last night for dinner. Set alarms during the night to take meds so I would stay comfortable. Did I mention the medicine is great?!! haha

Kept ice on all day yesterday and no swelling. Some moderate swelling today but the doc said ice won't do much good now. Tried letting the oxy wear off to see how much pain I was REALLY in. Turns out it is alot. Had to go back on it.

Thanks for all the comments!

-Erik

Waited 20 years to have mine taken out, wish I had taken them out right after they came in. Little sore the first day, but that was it. They only had to chisel & cut one of the four out. It's not that bad.