Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Weight

mech

I have an old 2004 XD Service that I am sending back to Springfield next week to get recoated under warranty. I just started shooting USPSA Production with it 4 months ago (it was strictly home defense and somehow I got interested in competing?) and don't know a lot about trigger work, polishing etc. What should I get the custom shop to do while it's there? I'de rather not spend a lot of money, but have a spare 200-300 to put towards it if someone can convince me it would be worth it. I'm actually starting to understand the long trigger pull, but they offer 3-5.5 trigger weight, what would you choose and why? Has an extended mag release helped you? Help me spend some money!

Send it to Rich at Canyon Creek Custom he did my xd with a 2.5# trigger with 0.250 travel and over stop. Its so sweet, i have the offset mag release and wouldnt ever go back to it rich also makes them he is the guy for xd stuff hes a vendor here check him out.

I'de rather not send it to more than one place, I was just going to get it done while it's at Springfield.

Why would you choose one trigger weight over another? Should I choose the low end or high end?

If your going to start using this for a primary range gun go as light as you can. If its going to be a range/SD then I would stick with 4lb range. I would choose the lighter weight due to the easier pull causing less gun movement making you more accurate (in theory anyway)

Edited by gixxerjunky

have them minimize, take-up, overtravel and reset...set the trigger weight at 3 lbs...install fiber optic sights and you're ready

i cannot use extended mag releases...my off hand hits them and dumps mags in the middle of stages :(

I have an old 2004 XD Service that I am sending back to Springfield next week to get recoated under warranty. I just started shooting USPSA Production with it 4 months ago (it was strictly home defense and somehow I got interested in competing?) and don't know a lot about trigger work, polishing etc. What should I get the custom shop to do while it's there? I'de rather not spend a lot of money, but have a spare 200-300 to put towards it if someone can convince me it would be worth it. I'm actually starting to understand the long trigger pull, but they offer 3-5.5 trigger weight, what would you choose and why? Has an extended mag release helped you? Help me spend some money!

Ortiz Custom Guns, Savannah, GA. This is a friend of ours that's all that when it comes to any firearm. You can get a trigger job at your requested specs and duracoating which will protect your xd from knicks, dings, scratches for @ $225.