Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need new adjustable sights, any ideas

Justinsaneok

I need some new adjustable sights. I like the Dawsons sights that my buddy has. I have trijicon night sights and the finish is worn of the front sight so it's really hard for me to pick up fast. I like to shoot long distances and would really like something thin in the front. I shoot little targets far away. I need a point of aim that splits the bullseye with the top of the front post. What would suit me best?

Adjustable sights =Dawson's

i have adjustable meprolights on my G17.

very good DUAL PURPOSE adjustable sights, but probably not the best sights for competitions, the dots are too big altough their visibility is excellent even in daylight.

i'm waiting for a set of dawson adjustable to replace those mepros on my G17 production gun , altough i will keep the mepros mounted on ALL my other glocks, best adjustable night sights imo.

I like to shoot long distances and would really like something thin in the front. I shoot little targets far away. I need a point of aim that splits the bullseye with the top of the front post. What would suit me best?

I think you need a rifle

With wanting to be thin in the front, you're going to want a thin notch at the rear as well.

The tighter (less light on the sides) between the front sights and rear are going to be more accurate, whereas a wider rear notch will allow you to transition or get on target faster, but less accurate the further out your go..

You might want to check out Aristocrat Sights. They have been around for years and specialize in PPC sights for revolvers and some semi-autos.

Another thing you might want to do is this:

Buy a set of Warren/Sevigny Competition sights (fixed) - Competition rear and a .245 tall front. That gives you a point of aim/point of impact at 20-25 yards. Then, when you make a 50 yard shot, just hold a little high.

That is an old trick from the PPC days. People whose guns had fixed sights with a 25 yd zero, when they moved to the 50 yd line, they take a "neck hold" on the B-27 target and that will give them a center of mass shot for 50 yds.

The reason why I mention the Sevigny set up, is that this is my set up on my Glock 34 that I currently shoot Production USPSA and NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). There are 50 yd shots in Bianchi and it works.

Edited by nickatnite

You might want to check out Aristocrat Sights. They have been around for years and specialize in PPC sights for revolvers and some semi-autos.

Another thing you might want to do is this:

Buy a set of Warren/Sevigny Competition sights (fixed) - Competition rear and a .245 tall front. That gives you a point of aim/point of impact at 20-25 yards. Then, when you make a 50 yard shot, just hold a little high.

That is an old trick from the PPC days. People whose guns had fixed sights with a 25 yd zero, when they moved to the 50 yd line, they take a "neck hold" on the B-27 target and that will give them a center of mass shot for 50 yds.

The reason why I mention the Sevigny set up, is that this is my set up on my Glock 34 that I currently shoot Production USPSA and NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). There are 50 yd shots in Bianchi and it works.

If I get fixed thats the way I will go. I like a 25 yard zero!